Lame-o first run at a label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbg96

Reaction score
Bottled it this afternoon, first batch ever. SEEMS like it's going to turn out okay if an initial taste of flat, green beer is any indication - and assuming I didn't contaminate the hell out of it when bottling.

Anyhow - comments are welcome...

beerlabel.gif

I like it. Change the lettering font though. The Old english or whatever is ok just a little jumbled. Another english/gothic font would look great with that dragon just a little cleaner on the font.

Simple, yet complex. The problem I find when doing circles is, how do you, as a homebrewer, cut out the label to put on the bottle? That's where I find squared, rectangles, and diamonds a much easier design to work with. Making a really nice label, then having to delicately cut with scissors or a razor around all the details (or even just a plain circle) leaves alot of room for error, making the label look like crap when you slap it on the bottle. I guess a plain circle would work if you had a stencil to cut it out with.

Anyway, good work.

PS: I see you used the same 'shape' as I did in my label. It just...works. (see Black Mamba thread)

Nice for a first attempt. I would follow Arneba's advice though and tweak the font. The style is great but that font is just a bit over-complex.

Very nice for your first shot.

Back