Any ither UDS guys out their?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clearcut23

Reaction score
UDS. the only smoker I'll ever need. Made mine a few months back and haven't slowed down yet. Tri tip Boston butt ABT's chicken and fish ribs and even almonds. I'm a smoke machine. I haven't bbqed all summer!

i have 3 uds's and one double barrel... i'm all about the 55 gallon barrel:ban:

Oh yes. I built one a couple summers ago and it's still rockin. Painted it Dallas Cowboys colors too.

Cooked a 10lb brisket on it yesterday, as a matter of fact!

I built one for my dad for Fathers Day this past year, yeah I know best son ever. I have to tell you, though, I'm jealous he gets to use it every weekend and I have to suffer with my Weber Smokey Mountain ;). But seriously I need to source some food grade barrels here in Dallas so I can build me a couple of my own.

Ryan

Doesn't have to be food grade necessarily as long as you burn out the inside and season it first. Mine was my old burn barrel. Used a grinder with a wire brush on the inside then sprayed it down with Pam to season it. Haven't had any trouble yet. I've yet to do a brisket but have sworn to myself that this years tax return will be used to expand my brewing and buy at least one brisket.

Back