How many handels per corny?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ventucky805

Reaction score
Ok so I searched and though I am sure I've seen people kegging mixed drinks for parties I couldn't find an answer to my particular question. I am wondering how many handels(80 proof 1.75l) for a five gallon corny(firestone pinlock but that's splitting hairs),roughly four gallons of soda(8 two liters). Will one make a dent? Will two overpower it? Going to be having a party and one 5 gal gets snapped fast. 3 cornys only one beer ready hence party jungle juice. I was thinking maybe ginger ale and flavored vodka. Any comments suggestions are welcome.

Roughly 19 liters in 5 gallons.

3 handles and 7 two liters will fill one up with a 2.6 to 1 mixer to liqour ratio. I've done this and it was a strength that everybody could enjoy. I did 3 handles of bourbon, 8 liters of mountain dew and 6 liters of dr pepper. Call them "Billdozers" ...pretty awesome.

I do a 2 week campout with my jockey box and kegs. I use 1 or 2 handels depending on the mixer. However i am pouring 100 gal over the 2 weeks and don't want to go broke. It tastes good and will get you a good buzz or maintain if you already have one. Hope this info doesn't come too late for you.

Hey thanks for the quick responses. I love how homebrewtalk forums has a wealth of knowledge from other helpful DIYers. I think I am going to go with 2 handles(probably vodka of the gods from trader joes) as this is going to be for my daughter's second birthday and I don't want the other mommies and daddies getting too hammered. ;) I think the novelty of fountain cocktails will be appreciated by non beer drinkers and should help the beer last longer. The billdozer sounds pretty good and I might have to mix up a keg next time we have a party when my daughter is doing a sleepover with grandma. Thanks again for the help. The party is Saturday so I will posts follow up of the recipe I end up using and how it turns out.

Back