BN Winter Beer Festival, 01/30/10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't think we're welcome there, being ****** of the year nominees and all ;)

ACTUALLY, I ran into at least one HBT member up there, a VERY active member here, who shall go nameless! I really think the whole HBT vs. BN thing was really overdone by both sides. For all who missed out, it was a great festival!

The BN Winterfest was a blast, great beer and food, and good music all day long. The party went well into the evening and I had a really good time. The crowd that attended, made it one of the mellowest and best behaved beerfest I have ever been to. The local homebrew clubs came strong and poured over a dozen different free beers to the masses. The Linden Street Brewery was a great location in an old industrial part of town that was perfect for music and partying. Great event!

I'm not sure what they considered a sell out, but the line to Sean Paxton's food was almost an hour wait and the bathroom lines weren't much better. I can't imagine they didn't get a decent return on their investement. The place was PACKED and the homebrew area was definitely an added bonus.

I've seen Mike "Tasty" McDole up at More Beer several times, but never really had a chance to try his beer. I thought the rye pale ale he brought was a really great beer. If next year is anything like this one I will definitely be attending again. Coming up next for me is SF Beer Week!

Back