Thin Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewha425

Reaction score
Ok so my first batch is done fermenting and the beer tastes pretty thin almost watery. Its not too horrible tasting but I plan on bottling at least some of it. But was wondering if anyone had some insight on this. Thanks

Uncarbonated, green beer tastes watery. You will have much better mouth feel and flavor after it has been bottled for a few weeks.

Welcome to HBT!

I notice that things taste quite a bit different after some aging/carbing action. Personally I would let it ride as-is and give it some time to carb up and age, maybe tweak batch 2 if you feel it necessary.

Thanks its actually a true brew home brewing kit for a pale ale, also its a little cloudy too.

I have made three of the true brew kits. Brown Ale, Oktoberfest, and Amber Ale. I am quite happy with how they each turned out!
Just some encouragement.
Dave

I don't recommend anyone stress about any thing they find until it's even been 3-6 weeks in the bottle...The beer has a big journey to go through still, during bottle conditioning.

It will have a totally different mouthfeel when it is carbed. Just relax and see it through it's looong journey.

Relax! :mug:

Did you measure the specific gravity of it before and after the fermentation?

I know that kits are made for different volumes. For instance, if you made five gallons out of a 3 gallon kit, it's going to be watery.

Whatever it turns out to be, just enjoy the product and learn from what you did and improve upon it with the next batch.

When I was doing extract, I always ordered 1 extra pound of dry malt extract to throw in, just in case, lol.

cheers

~r~

Back