san antonio brewpub charity event

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr jones

Reaction score
A new brewpub called Freetail Brewing Co. just opened in San Antonio last week, on 1604 on the Military/ Shavano frontage road in the Hill Country Plaza. On Wednesday Dec. 10 2008 they will be having a toy drive for The Childrens Center. And to show our appreciation you can register to win tickets to the sold out AC/DC show on Dec. 12 2008 at the AT&T Center. The more toys you bring the more chances to win. Great Food, Great Beer, Great Atmosphere. Tell them Nick sent you, i don't think you'll get anything special but my boss may give me a raise :mug:. For more information visit Freetail Brewing Co. - Home. Thanks you guys

-Nick

Well I took the wife and kids there this weekend. The food was just .. eh ok. The pizza crust was soft but tasted good, could be crisper since it came from a pizza oven, and the nachos had what looked like boiled fajitas.. and brown guacamole...not too good. . I know you guys probably want know about the beer, well we were very dissappointed. We walked in and sat down, it looked like a good place to drink, until the waitress came over and said they didnt have any of their homebrew ready at this time :( . They had beer , just not any of there own. I usually give startups 2 chances , since it takes time to fine tune dishes and waitstaff. We'll be back when there beer is ready. I've just never been to a brewery that didn't have any of their own brew:confused:

we finally got our own brews up and running. we have a porter, a blonde ale named la rubia, and a rye wit spiced with coriander and grapefruit peel. and we have three more in the tanks and brewing more every week.

we finally got our own brews up and running. we have a porter, a blode ale named la rubia, and a rye wit spiced with coriander and grapefruit peel. and we have three more in the tanks and brewing more every week.

Well it looks like you guys worked out the kinks because I was there the other day and loved it!

thanks for the heads up

Back