What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, time to wander downstairs to weigh out some bulk grains for today's batch, then start water on for strike, and crush some grain. Then, when it mashes in, so do I, with a cold glass of Apfelwein. Just a small one, mind you.

Pyramid's Snow Cap seasonal, god I love this stuff. A bit different this year, seems they reduced the IBU's this time. Either that or my tastebuds have adjusted. Going to Flyer's Brewpub here this weekend to get a growler of Sick Duck. This stuff is some real King Kong brew! Weighs in at an impressive 10%, nice and dark, really malty flavor.

As far as homebrew, I have to make some more lol. Making a Pumpkin Ale this Saturday, so yea we'll see how that turns out. I really need to stay focused and just make beer. I'll make a batch, drink it, and never make my way back to the homebrew store for more.

I just had one of my Gizmo Bitters but only one - I am 10 days into Atkins and allowed myself one. I've lost 12 lbs in 10 days! What a horrible realization about beer. It makes me fat. Who'da thunk? I guess it'll be Absolut neat for the rest of the evening.

Stone Ruination.
I've been on an IPA kick lately. IPA's tend to make me happy after a crappy day slinging teh pizzas.

SWMBO used a bomber of my Trippel in the crockpot as part of her beefy roast....so I need to decide what to pair with that soon. :)

I'm thinking.... Trippel :)

My 10der & Mild came out interestingly, with a huge creamy head like it were on nitro. Still need to bottle it up and pack them boxes! Been doing web work all day.

Gilda American Wild Ale from Naked City Brewing.

Gilda 2008 008.jpg

Apfelwein
i brewed it back in june just now tryed it , brewed it and aged it in my huge 4 keg kegarator so it was cold the whole time,,,oh man its so good !,, the first drink scared me , the second drink intrigued me the third drink made me wish i had more ageing !!!

Going to Flyer's Brewpub here this weekend to get a growler of Sick Duck. This stuff is some real King Kong brew! Weighs in at an impressive 10%, nice and dark, really malty flavor.

I'm driving up to Flyers on Wednesday. I'm going to try and bring back a keg of Sick Duck to pour at Naked City's Grand Opening. I better call Tony tomorrow.

Right now I'm drinking Sierra Nevada 2008 Wet Hop Harvest Ale.

It's Amber, malty, toasty and firmly bitter but balanced at over 6% abv. It's not as hoppy as last year if I remember correctly, but it's still a very nice beer. Easy drinking. Plenty of green hop aroma. It's definitely a different hop aroma than normal late addition hops. Overall it's like a big pale ale and less like an IPA.

DFH 120 Minute IPA. Holy smokes, this beer is STRONG! This is the first and probably last time I'll be drinking this one. 90 Minutes are great, but this crap is RIDICULOUS!! Its like drinking wine and the alcohol is so strong I can hardly taste the hops. Three sips and I'm already feeling a bit light headed. I'm gonna need help drinking this one! I'm a hophead but I'm really not enjoying it at all... :(

DFH 120 Minute IPA. Holy smokes, this beer is STRONG! This is the first and probably last time I'll be drinking this one. 90 Minutes are great, but this crap is RIDICULOUS!! Its like drinking wine and the alcohol is so strong I can hardly taste the hops. Three sips and I'm already feeling a bit light headed. I'm gonna need help drinking this one! I'm a hophead but I'm really not enjoying it at all... :(

awwwww, well I think the 120 minute is great! However, I need to share it with someone, it's a great sipping beer

I had a Double Dead Guy Ale last night, and it was sooooo good, I can drink those big ales all the time!

Tonight I'm stuck with homebrew but I have the rest of the day to drink great beers because well, I just have the rest of the day!

ok, started off after having cleaned the keezer (thus moving the kegs) a very cloudy version of my Kolsch-ish, then I had a Sierra Nevada Pale. Moving forward to a test glass of semi warm Irish red (First pour from the keg...so badly hops and yeast) then a hydrometer sample of my Amber cream, and now some 78 day Apfelwein...it's early, but I couldn't take the other any more.

awwwww, well I think the 120 minute is great! However, I need to share it with someone, it's a great sipping beer

I had a Double Dead Guy Ale last night, and it was sooooo good, I can drink those big ales all the time!

Tonight I'm stuck with homebrew but I have the rest of the day to drink great beers because well, I just have the rest of the day!
Is it just me or is the 120 more like a barley wine? Double IPAs are great, had a Hop Wallop by Victory the other night and really enjoyed that.

tonight I am drinking the testers of my SnowPlow clone.

I think I may have nailed it this time.
I are happy, and my glass is full of yummy milk stout.

next step will be to brew another batch and keg it to see how that works.

I just popped the first bottle of my Tampa Red and it is delicious if I do say so myself (even after only 10 days in the bottle). That went quickly so now it's the first properly aged bottle of my latest batch of Gator Snout Stout - 1 month in the bottle and doing quite well thank you very much (takes a bow).

Just finished drinking The Dissident. Working on an Imperial Red Ale from Lagunitas right now.

and god dayum.. The Dissident is so wild but so freakin tasty.

I love having "a" bar. I love walking in, ordering a pint of PBR and a shot of tequila, and having my weekly bartender ask me, "So, this week was rougher than usual?" <3

Home now, and onto the case of High Life, and the bottle of Cuervo in the cubburd.

Tomorrow morning, beer tasting courtesy of BierMuncher and the 10der & Mild swap. Thanks BM!

Just got a sixer of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale...it will be the first of the season for me. Also picked up a 22oz of Lagunitas Espresso Stout; haven't had that one before. Going to get started here after the kids go to bed...gotta do some c#.net programming, linux ftp/web server configuration, and some drinkin'! :mug:

Just finished drinking The Dissident. Working on an Imperial Red Ale from Lagunitas right now.

and god dayum.. The Dissident is so wild but so freakin tasty.

Ohh. I tried to get a hold of that down here. No go.

Khoury's is pretty good. Since you've turned me on to them I've been stopping there every week. While he may have a smaller selection, he does have beers that I can't get at Lee's.

He's getting Deschutes Hop Trip in soon....can't wait for that one. He has a hard getting some of Deschutes more limited brews like their Bond Street Series and their Reserve Series.

He's still working on getting some DFH. I ask him every time I see him.

.....and right now I'm drinking Sierra Nevada Harvest.
good stuff.

Next up is either Oaked Arrogant Bastard or Rogue Brutal Bitter. Then I think an Old Rasputin will finish the evening nicely.

I think I'll give the Moylan's Hopsickle a go! I'm getting my hop fix on. Had the Sierra Nevada Harvest ale the other day, and I'll get the Hop Trip as soon as I can find it. Hopefully I'm brewing fresh hop IPA this week...

Hey Talley, did you try my schwartzbier yet?

Oooh....the Hopsickle is a blast. One of the best IPA's I've had lately is Deschutes Hop Henge. Killer IPA.

Yeah, I drank the Schwartzbier the other day. I really enjoyed it. Even got SWMBO to try it. It was actually my first Schwarzbier. Very good....and I got a bomber out of it too!:mug:

How long did that growler last? Did you take it home with you, or drink it while you were here?

BTW, how was the rest of your week in Sin City?

That growler was gone before I left. :D

The rest of my stay was OK, mostly studying for work, and then taking the test on Saturday. I know I passed the practical portion. The written was open book, so I'm almost certain I aced that one too. I know more that I ever thought a musician should know about cement, sand and rock. Sieve analysis, specific gravities, proper sampling procedures...

Santa Cruz Aleworks IPA - A fairly new micro that I've seen in the past month or so. It's assertively bitter, but a little out of balance. A little harsh bitterness, and not enough malt and body.

Back