Bottling question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pintocb

Reaction score
I have brewed undoubtedly what will be some nasty tasting beer. I did the Mr. Beer "APA" that is included with the kit, and instead of using soda bottles (Yuk!) I've used some 1 litre bottles with a "Grolsch" type flip cap. I added the priming sugar, poured in the beer, and with them closed put them in the closet. I put in the right amount of sugar. Will I have a messy explosion on my hands or will these bottles work fine?

Cb

IF the beer was completely done fermenting, they will work fine. I'd put them in a big rubbermaid container if you're in doubt. And open with it pointed away from you.

If you're 100% sure that fermentation was finished, then no worries.

Might not be done. First time, so I don't know. I didn't have a rubbermade container, but I put them in an enormous ziplock. Should be interesting.....

:cross:

pintocb said:
I have brewed undoubtedly what will be some nasty tasting beer. I did the Mr. Beer "APA" that is included with the kit, and instead of using soda bottles (Yuk!) I've used some 1 litre bottles with a "Grolsch" type flip cap. I added the priming sugar, poured in the beer, and with them closed put them in the closet. I put in the right amount of sugar. Will I have a messy explosion on my hands or will these bottles work fine?

Cb

the bottles are the best.

plastic has synthetic estrogens where parts per billion have very strong bad effects.

do you want your nuts to shrivel up and fall off? i don't know why you would have a concern about the grolsch bottles. they are around 3 bucks each arent they?

Not sure how much they would cost if I just bought the bottles. These are bottles that were at one time full of a local beer, Sweetwater Donkey Punch. I love the bottles.

Latest posts

Back