Kegs with loose handles? Yay or Nay?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can get 4 cornys for $100, with the lid this one with loose handles is $25

I would only be concerned about their ability to hold pressure. Since they have no lid, do they bother to check them?

If there's a ding around the opening, adding a lid isn't go to do much.

where can you do that? I would be in for 8 of them if i could find them for that price

Same question. I've been looking for a while for kegs at that price. Aside from a local craigslist offer that I didn't catch in time I haven't seen them for less than $35-40 ea + shipping When I saw this deal I jumped on it and bought some. We'll see if I get a pile of kegs that wont hold pressure...

I've bought two of those loose handle kegs myself with the new lid from them and I've had no problems with the two that I have holding pressure. The two that I got are in way better condition than the ones that are shown in the pictures. The lids don't have as positive of a snap to them when I close them as my other two orginal keg lids do on my other kegs but they still work everytime. Got a cider and a Scottish ale on pressure right now out in the garage taking advantage of natural refrideration. That was my experience with them. I just recomended a friend of mine to go there and get kegs from that site and I'm thinking that I'm going to pick up a few more lids from them as I just aquired a few more kegs and two of the lids are junk.

I received my 3 with loose handles today, with shipping I ended up paying $15 per keg. Checked them all over, no loose handles, all hold pressure, and overall pretty good shape. To be honest they are in just as good of shape as the SABCO kegs I have ordered in the past....wish I would have ordered 5 more!

Now I just need some more lids, 1-2 of them will be used as fermentors for smaller batches in the meanwhile.

Latest posts

Back