Where to find a v-belt pulley?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magno

Sound Level Technician
Reaction score
I jsut put together a stand for my grain mill. The only time that Ive use it so far, I had trouble keeping the RPMs down. When the grains were in the hopper, the drill either wanted to go full bore or not at all.

Here's the deal: my dad has an old lathe that hasnt been assembled, much less used, in years. The lathe has a 1/3 HP motor that I am daydreaming about mounting to the mill. The motor turns at 1750 RPM and has a V-belt pulley with a radius of 9/16 inches. I figure that I need a pulley of radius 5.5 inches or so to slow the RPMs down below 200 as is recomended.

CUT TO THE CHASE: Where can I get an 11 inch diameter V-belt pulley hopefully with a 3/8" bore?

Side question: What is the drawback to the mill turning faster than 200 RPM? My crush looked good, and didnt stick.

Thanks in advance.

- magno

Brisa evaporative cooler blower pulley #5-3-59 (1-800-325-6952) Might be a little bigger than you need.

Thanks for the input. This project will probably be put on the back burner, but now I know where to look when Im ready.

Back