Ever actually had a home brewing dream?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spareparts

Reaction score
I've lost track of how many years I've been home brewing but last night I had the first actual dream of home brewing.

For some reason I added beans and taco meat to my mash. I'm not sure why but in the dream it seemed like a good idea. Then I was trying to figure out which hops from the freezer would work best with the Mexican food beer I was brewing.

My fermentor was this two piece silicone carboy thing. Kind of like the silicone bakeware molded in to a carboy shape. The top and bottom were supposed to fit together and make a water tight seal but it didn work and was leaking. So having nothing else on hand I transferred the wort to a fish acquarium. I pitched some dry yeast but the wort was still hot to the touch and I freaked out cause I didn't have any more yeast on hand.

Then I woke up, and was still thinking about yeast and getting to the LHBS before I realized that it was just a dream.

I had one a few nights ago. I have a saison in primary and I had a dream that I went in to rack it to secondary and the carpet went *squish* under my feet and I found the fermenter on it's side.

I almost woke up screaming.

That's so funny that you brought that up. I now realize that I have never had a brew dream. And you would think after all the thought and methodical planning that we brewers put into the hobby that we would dream of it more often. Unless you count day dreams of course, then I do that most days :D

Only once.

Had a dream the safety in my QD failed on the NG supply and the gas valve wasn't shut. It got cold at night and my wife turned on the furnace.

BOOM!

I awoke immediately in a sweat and went to check the valve and locked it off. Best and worst brewery upgrade I ever made. Makes the brewery so much nicer to operate but scares the hell outta me just as much.

I once had a dream about a beer called "Wandering Blackhawk". There was even a poster of the beer in the dream and I talked to the brewer about the ingredients. What could I do but try to brew it in real life? It sucked...one of the worst I've ever made!

Odd, i had my first homebrew related dream lastnight. I was dreaming about picking up a kegerator I got for a great deal but it would fit into my car and he was going to sell it to someone else. Which is damn near close to reality if someone hadn't beat me to responding to a post on CL.

No dreams, but this morning I was woken up by a really loud bubbling from my blow-off tube. Scared the crap out of me =P

I once had a dream about a beer called "Wandering Blackhawk". There was even a poster of the beer in the dream and I talked to the brewer about the ingredients. What could I do but try to brew it in real life? It sucked...one of the worst I've ever made!

Homebrew vision quest? :D

Being new to the home brew world Ive been spending a lot of time in the DYI section seeing everyones creations. I was having a hard time grasping why an HLT, MLT, and BK were needed and not just the MLT and BK.
I had a dream the other night where I was standing in from of a single tier setup with all three items and was flipping switches and watching the water and wort move around and it all finally click on the need for the 3 of them.

It really is weird how the human brain works some times.

I've had many dreams about homebrewing in the past few months, I'm pretty obsessed about brewing lately. Mostly dreams about grain or recipes or something, I can't remember, I think its mostly things I would be thinking about in real life before I can brew assuming its not an ingredient kit. Its basically like dreams about needing to study before a test. I have so many ingredients and new equipment to use for real that I do need to do a lot of preparation before I can get to the fun part of actually brewing a batch.

Alright, just woke up and in the tail end of my dream I had made a bunch of starter flasks of unboiled sweet wort and the yeast was taking off almost right away on them and I was impressed by that. Must be from reading more from the Nottingham thread just before bed.

Latest posts

Back