Best and cheapest double tap tower for homemade kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aparoche

Reaction score
I am planning on purchasing a Sanyo 4912M and converting it into a kegerator. Can anyone provide a link to where I can purchase the best quality and lowest priced double tap tower kit? I would prefer that the faucets, tap handles, bolts, and rubber ring are included of course.

Thanks!

ebay, i went to build one and after adding up the cost of elbow shanks and stuff the ebay one was cheapest. It was eighty five shipped and came with faucets i can sell off for probably twenty bucks since i already had some

Sorry guys, not that cheap! :D

How about this setup from kegconnection.com?

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=102

...with the "Upgrade to Perlick Faucets and Homebrew Disconnects" = $143.05 + shipping (around $150)

Is this a nice tower setup for the price? I don't mind spending a bit more for the extra quality (stainless steel tower, Perlick faucets, etc.).

ebay, i went to build one and after adding up the cost of elbow shanks and stuff the ebay one was cheapest. It was eighty five shipped and came with faucets i can sell off for probably twenty bucks since i already had some
I've had my eye on the same dual tower, I think the guy has a lot of them. Did you get yours already? How do you like it? I have a sanyo with a 2.5" single tower and I'm thinking of picking up that dual tower and trying to mount it on top of my sanyo. I figure for the price and hassle of trying to add another faucet to my 2.5" tower or DIY something for multiple faucets, $85 for something I can just bolt on is a reasonable price.

Sorry guys, not that cheap! :D

How about this setup from kegconnection.com?

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=102

...with the "Upgrade to Perlick Faucets and Homebrew Disconnects" = $143.05 + shipping (around $150)

Is this a nice tower setup for the price? I don't mind spending a bit more for the extra quality (stainless steel tower, Perlick faucets, etc.).

+ 1 this is where I got mine. Same one.
Plus they also have 10% off through the week right now!!!!

+ 1 this is where I got mine. Same one.
Plus they also have 10% off through the week right now!!!!

How long were the beer lines when you received it -- 5 feet? I just emailed Keg Connection to see if I can custom order 10 foot beer lines with the same tower setup.

They come with 5 ft, but I upgraded to 8ft for my Sanyo kegerator.
They will can make almost anything a custom order. Really easy to work with.

Nice towers for DIY http://acumetalfab.com/products1.html, I got the brushed stainless and really like it! Added 3 perlicks and done!

Yes! This is what we did on two of our kegerators. Love it - see the link in my signature for a brief how-to on assembly. It's the sturdiest tower you'll find for the money, none of those cheap plastic or tin foil styles!

do the extra length line for sure.

I'd second that - whatever you do it might not be a bad idea to put some fittings for interchangeable lines. I have several sets I swap in and out depending on what beer I have on draft to help maintain a balanced system at the correct pressure.

I got mine on ebay. 3 inch stainless with homebrew disconnects for $89.95 with free shipping. After the Perlicks, it came out to about the same as the one linked earlier from Keg Connection. That one was around $160 plus shipping at that time.

Back