Trippel IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

telemaster

Reaction score
Does this sound amazing to anyone else? I wish I could find some on the East coast to sample...

Trippel IPA | New Belgium

Trippel IPA

Bringing together what we both do best, New Belgium and Elysian's brewmasters create a Belgian-inspired India Pale Ale. Hop-forward with a Belgian strong yeast, this Trippel IPA opens with citrus and floral tones from generous hopping, then gives way to soft peachy notes implied by the yeast.

What's this Trip about?

An artisinal collaboration, New Belgium and Elysian are brewing limited small batches together. We've described this new adventure as The Trip, and each beer we release will fall under this brand. By joining, we have the ability to increase efficiency, encourage creative experimentation, and take a bold step into the future of American craft brewing.

The Trip beers will only be available on draft in the Northwest.

I just got back from a trip to Beligum last monday and I am on a hard belgian kick.

I have a Belgian Wit going right now and was considering doing a bigger tripel on top of it. When I looked at my wall and saw my bottle of Houblon Chouffe Dobbelen IPA Tripel, I knew what I had to do.

The Houblon Belge Belgian Style IPA looks awesome. Any prayer of converting this too extract?

the la chouffe is the best one brewed as a belgian and the le freak is the best that is brewed as an american ale at least in my opinion.

Terrapin brewing company!!! I have not tried this but saw it in the beer store and was so tempted. Terrapins Side Projects are really cool. (The first one was "Hop Shortage Ale". Anyway, their most recent is Monks Revenge. A BELGIAN STYLE IMPERIAL INDIA PALE ALE. Sounds interesting

I'm going through a Belgian kick right now and picked up my first Houblon Chouffe Dobbelen IPA Tripel. Can't wait to try it. My local brew pub, Offshore Ale, has a Tripel IPA as well. That'll be next.

I've had that down at the NBB and it's OK. I thought it had a strong grassy flavor but it may just be the hops that they used are something I don't like. Far from my favorite IPA but it was definitely different.

Had this last night at Naked City in Seattle, it was one of the best of the night. Really nice head and a fantastic aroma, will definitely be sampling it again.

Yup, the Trip is a great beer; I had it at the Elysian's brewpub a couple months ago but now they only have the Trip II and Trip III on tap. The Trip II is like a lower ABV version of Trip I - it's a cross between a Belgian pale and a northwest IPA.
The Trip III is a Belgian sour ale I believe.

Back