5" Triple Tap tower question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breakfastbrew

Reaction score
I am making a draft system from my basement up to my kitchen, everything seems to be coming together, but I am looking for the name of a part I need.
My Faucets and Shanks are from and old 3" tower I had, and my new tower is 5" so the spacer/ collar thing doesn't have a flush fit, I tried milling it down but I just don't see it ever coming out right. So what is that piece called. I circled it in Red.

VwNZ1sJnlWv3J6vCHHDewA

VwNZ1sJnlWv3J6vCHHDewA

Looks like something that could be easily fabricated out of tubing with a lil time and patience. What are you gonna use to cool your beer lines that run between your kitchen and basement glycol or forced air?

Yeah I tried milling the ones I have down from the 3" fit to the 5" but after slowly grinding I just can't see it coming out well enough since both surfaces are pretty much mirrors so the imperfection of my grinding will be very noticeable when pouring a beer.

I actually have a unique situation, but I plan to do a couple things. For starters I am putting the fridge in the basement up on blocks so it is as close to the ceiling as possible, but it already has low ceiling. Secondly when I come to the second floor, I am putting the tower on top of my wifes wine fridge, so I plan to pass threw it (not ideal but what I have to work with) So 1st half a beer might be warm, o well. I also plan to insulate etc.

What do you think of that tower? Any guess as to what it really is.

very close, toilet brush holder would work great for a 3" tower tho (actually stared at one in the store for a while), it is a dinner roll holder (12 bucks homegoods), I thought I was being creative, do people use those all the time?

Thanks for finding out the name for me really appreciate it

It sounds good in theory but I'm afraid your gonna be disappointed with the final results. I think you should research it more before you waste time money and good beer.

are you being sarcastic? I know what draft beer is, etc... Just because I have not posted my entire plan in detail does not mean I do not know what I am doing.

I see you edited your post, but I will go a head and comment like it was still up there.
I have been long time reader of this forum, I just don't post much. I posted here looking for a simple answer to a question and the answer was "draft arm spacer" I got from some very nice people. Then I get your post basically explaining to me what beer is, like I am some college student, and you flat out tell me that I do not know what I am doing. I must have done something to offend you. I have built draft systems at different places I have lived over the years, I am no expert but I can get the job done. Maybe I offened you because I am trying to cut come corners on cost, sorry we are all not made of money. Maybe it was how I plan to cool the line, Sorry I am not doing a active system for 6 feet of 3/16 line.

Do you know how to balance a draft system. Did u know that your beer will most likely b over carbonated because of the " lift" goin from the basement to the kitchen not to mention the temp changes from point a to b ohh yeah forgot to mention I spent the last 11 years working for a beer distributor installing draft equipment. So there ya go just offered a lil friendly advice and someone has to get their panties in a bunch. If it was me I would just convert the fridge. Put a shank through the side and a lock on the inside of the basement door and have my man cave. Ohhh by the way I am unemployed cuz they out sourced all the draft work since no one can afford to open a new business so no I'm not made of money either. Sorry for pissin in ya corn flakes

Do you know how to balance a draft system. Did u know that your beer will most likely b over carbonated because of the " lift" goin from the basement to the kitchen not to mention the temp changes from point a to b ohh yeah forgot to mention I spent the last 11 years working for a beer distributor installing draft equipment. So there ya go just offered a lil friendly advice and someone has to get their panties in a bunch. If it was me I would just convert the fridge. Put a shank through the side and a lock on the inside of the basement door and have my man cave. Ohhh by the way I am unemployed cuz they out sourced all the draft work since no one can afford to open a new business so no I'm not made of money either. Sorry for pissin in ya corn flakes

I know I should just let this go because you are clearly an unemployed internet troll, and I am going comment anyhow. At no point was your advice friendly (except after you edited your post to tone it down). At no pointed did I ask about how to calculate for line length and pressure, I have used this https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f84/beer-line-length-pressure-calculator-35369/ with great success, I am only going 6vf! Not all systems have to active have you ever heard of copper and insulation, you are right and active system would be better but just because I am not able to do one is no reason to tell me to quit, and I hope to do something in the future but it is just not in the build right now. You just injected your arrogant opinion of my knowledge of things, from two short posts I had that had nothing to do with pressure or temp. Running a line from my basement directly overhead is not such an overwhelming project, where I need a troll telling me to quit.
Cheers
:mug:

very close, toilet brush holder would work great for a 3" tower tho (actually stared at one in the store for a while), it is a dinner roll holder (12 bucks homegoods), I thought I was being creative, do people use those all the time?

Thanks for finding out the name for me really appreciate it

What store did you buy it at, that is a really clever reuse of an item intended for another purpose. :rockin:

christ guys, lets take it easy up there...

Here is a solution you might be able to use if you have not already bought new adapters...

Use spray adhesive and attach sandpaper grit side out to a 5 inch piece of PVC, then just rub your adapters up and down on it, with the right paper and grit it should be short work. You already know the motion.

Also since that side will be facing the tower, you dont need a polished finish.

Good luck.

I want to put a 1 or 2 tap tower on the hole in our sink where the sprayer would go if we had one, alas we live in an apt and our downstairs neighbors vetoed having my kegerator in their bedroom. (there is not room under the counter for it). Someday we will have a house...

I agree that you are going to have problems unless you use at least forced air cooling of the lines and tower, or glycol. The lines will need to be insulated. Cold beer and warm lines and faucets = foam, and lots of it.

I agree that you are going to have problems unless you use at least forced air cooling of the lines and tower, or glycol. The lines will need to be insulated. Cold beer and warm lines and faucets = foam, and lots of it.

I know and I plan to implement a solution but there are tons of threads already on the site about how to do this and the different methods. Thank you for your concern, I didn't want to beat a dead horse, and was just looking for the name of that particular part.
A picture is worth a thousand words, when I am done I will post one to put everyones mind at easy
Cheers.

Glad to hear you got it working. Did you find a replacement part or did you have to modify what you already had?

Modified what I already had. Brianj434 recommendation is how I did, with 5" pvc, mounted to a drill so it spins rapidly, it is not perfect yet still needs some finishing touches. The little wiskey barrel came out good, for a little bar top.

Sorry I can never get the pictures to load right. If you right click on it you can go to the Picasso account to check it out.

Glad to hear you got it working. Did you find a replacement part or did you have to modify what you already had?

Modified what I already had. Brianj434 recommendation is how I did, with 5" pvc, mounted to a drill so it spins rapidly, it is not perfect yet still needs some finishing touches. The little wiskey barrel came out good, for a little bar top.

Sorry I can never get the pictures to load right. If you right click on it you can go to the Picasso account to check it out.

Latest posts

Back