How to mount PID

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtupper

Reaction score
So I have got my auberins pid, my rims tube with 240v 3500w element, my pump, and stand all ready to go. This is my question though; I want a simple control panel to house a master power switch, a switch for my pump, a switch for my pid, and my pid. nothing fancy just a plastic or metal project or electrical box. I have some options, but how do I go about fabricating them for use. i am especially stuck on cutting the 48mmX48mm cutout for the PID.

What did everyone else use to make their panels? Pictures are always welcome, and thanks in advance.

:mug:

I went all out ghetto and mounted my PID's in an old license plate that I cut with a Dremel. I have pic's, but my computer is in the shop right now.

Toolbox. I'll probably post a thread soon w/ pics. Cut out the square for PID with a dremel; wasn't too hard to do.

If the box doesn't need to be too big, there should be lots of options out there. Someone here put everything in an ammo can, which seemed a good size. Or just check out the countertop brutus 20 thread (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/countertop-brutus-20-a-131411/) and see what he used; looks like a simple box from Lowes. Good luck!

P-J said:
Just get this: Box for 1/16 DIN controller from Auber Instruments for $28.67 - problem solved.

That's good advice but, me, being the broke and cheap a$#hole that I am, I can't justify that cost when a radio shack project box or harbor freight tool box is less than half the price. I also went with cheap metal toggle switches instead of the fancy turnkeys and lighted push buttons.

I used a metal enclsoure similar to Kal's build. However, a toolbox or whatever will work just fine. As for cutting, I taped off the section I wanted to cut out and then drilled a hole in each corner. From there I just used a jigsaw to cut from corner to corner, real simple. I know others have used a dremel with success as well.

Back