• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

MLT, False Bottom, and misc SS Fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rudy0498

Reaction score
lowered prices and included shipping costs. FYI..the compression fittings work really well to attach dip tubes to weldless fittings. You just remove coupler on the inside of the fitting and attach it directly to the nipple.

Getting a lot of questions about the false bottom, so here are some details:

It is 12 and 3/4 inches in diameter. The round coolers are right 13" in diameter, but if they warp (which is common) you may not be able to fit a 13" false bottom back into them. So I have a 1/8" gap between the edge of my false bottom and the side of the cooler. I fill that gap with 3/8" silicone tubing that I have cut in half, to keep that from being a path of least resistance.

Functionally, I would consider this the same as his 13" false bottom with a handle and a stand that he sells on his website for $85. Except I made my stand and handle myself.

It has worked well for me, but I want to start doing larger batches, so I am switching to a keggle mlt with one of his 15" false bottoms.

Do you still have the cooler?

Yes, I still have the cooler and would prefer to sell the complete MLT. I offered up the false bottom separately as an option because it would save on shipping the entire MLT and I could reuse some of the fittings.

The false Bottom is sold. I will consider offers on the the rest of the cooler. $60 shipped or best offer. $40 for local pickup. Just make it worth my while. You can subtract $15 if you let me keep the ball valve.

Latest posts

Back