Temperature control after fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atromic

Reaction score
I have an IPA (1 week old) in my swamp heater that I need to take out to make room for an ESB I brewed last night. The ambient temperature in my house is 60 deg, will the yeast be able to clean up after themselves and continue conditioning the beer?

I used Nottingham... O.G. = 1.071, and it looks like fermentation is finished at 1.013.

:mug:It should the low range goes down to 59 degrees, which is fairly close. wrapp a old blanket around it. The yeast activity usualy adds a few degrees too.:mug:

:off:

Hopefully not too off topic: I understand that fermentation temp should be consistent, but what range is considered consistent without pushing the envelope? + or - 5 degrees? 6, 7?

I used Nottingham... O.G. = 1.071, and it looks like fermentation is finished at 1.013.

I doubt it'll finish lower than that. I have bumped up the temp of fermentation in get the beer to ferment out more completely (Last day or two of fermenting). 1.013 is pretty good though.

:off:

Hopefully not too off topic: I understand that fermentation temp should be consistent, but what range is considered consistent without pushing the envelope? + or - 5 degrees? 6, 7?

I supose it really depends on what you are going for. I personally say +-2-3F should be fine. But that is just me.

Back