Midwest Supply Pumpkin Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droop77

Reaction score
I am a new brewer, I have Brewers Best American Light in bottles ready to move to the fridge this weekend and Brewers Best Wiezenbier in Primary. I am brewing the Midwest Supply Pumpkin Ale this weekend, after reading through these threads, it sounds like I need to modify the recipe to get a strong but not overwhelming pumpkin flavor. The recipe calls for:

15-30 oz. Pumpkin
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg

My plan was:

60 oz. Pumpkin
2 cups Brown Sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Nutmeg

also add 2 tsp Vanilla to the Secondary

Anybody have any input in my idea?

Personally I would keep Nutmeg at 1 tsp (unless you really feel it necessary to add more). Cinnamon could probably go to 2 tsp.

If the recipe calls for 15-30 oz, I would say around 35-45 oz would give it a strong flavor. 60 oz may be a little overwhelming. What kind of pumpkin additive are you putting in?

I have never done a pumpkin ale so hopefully others will add to this....

What kind of yeast are you using?

I selected the premium dry yeast, it doesn't tell me details, I will have the kit tomorrow and will let you know. As far as the pumpkin, I was just going to get canned pumpkin, not fresh. My wife is a huge nutmeg fan, so I wanted it to be very present, but not too overwhelming.

Latest posts

Back