• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Complete Brewery Equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish that I could buy just some kegs instead of everything.

I hear yah. seems like they could seperate some of the fermenters from it. maybe just a few kegs per lot.... Put some thought into it ???

im gonna go down there tomorrow and check out if they will seperate if it dont sell complete.

BassettWrangler said:
I hear yah. seems like they could seperate some of the fermenters from it. maybe just a few kegs per lot.... Put some thought into it ???

im gonna go down there tomorrow and check out if they will seperate if it dont sell complete.

Cool keep us in the loop! I'm always down for some cornys.

Sucks that they went out of business, hate to see that happen to anyone.

In any case I'm interested in the 20x29" pots and the massive plate chiller! Seriously, I'm interested if you find anything out.

nice!! very interested to see if the whole lot sells and for how much it winds up going for.

agreed, sucks they went out of business. in this economy, i don't wish that on any brewer.

Is it normal for commercial breweries to use fermentors that are not conical, or am I missing something?

Also, what is the advantage of those large horizontal tanks?

Is it normal for commercial breweries to use fermentors that are not conical, or am I missing something?

Also, what is the advantage of those large horizontal tanks?

Depends on the size of the brewery and their budget. There are two breweries near me that use 55 gallon blue barrels with plastic liners.

The brewery was named kraftbrau. Made some good beer. When I first turned 21 i went there alot and got to know them. Actually "worked" there for a summer helping them bottle beer. Bought my first corny keg from them too.

Looks like someone bought the whole lot for $20,000. Man I wish they would have had it broken up into individual items.

Hopefully the lot buyer is on here. I am also hoping that they will give us all a good deal on the cornies since we missed out on buying the whole thing:mug:

It really bums me out that they would only sell this as a group. I live only a few miles from the auction site, and when I saw on Biddergy's website a few weeks ago that they were going to be auctioning off Kraftbrau's old equipment, I was SO excited. Then I found out that they wouldn't be selling individual items:mad::mad::mad:. The thing that really gets me is that this is the first time I have seen them do it this way. They have auctions from closed restaurants and such all the time and always have it split up into individual items.

Why did the brewery go under?
Well, they were directly across the street from the biggest and most popular microbrewery in the midwest (Bell's). And their beer was pretty good, but they never really made anything different or exciting. They actually made a lot of German style lagers - Helles, Vienna, etc. - not a whole lot for beer geeks to get excited about.

Back