Anyone try this mead recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya...Pretty much everyone has tried it.

We call it JOAM....Malkore has a more refined version....and Yooper Posted the orig. Try it...You'll either like it...or at least you'll learn the fun of mead.

Yup, a very well known recipe by a very well known man. I have made 3 versions of it already in a year's time.

ok great guys thanks,
I bought honey here but Im not sure if it is the right stuff.. It is local and just says Pure Honey....

The recipe doesnt say bread yeast. Im talking about the other recipe on that page.. with the yeast energizer and nutrient..

Well it is JAOM, a lot of people that already are in brewing don't want to use bread yeast. Its a cheap, lesser alternative to good brewer's yeast. All of my 3 batches, etc the first, was made with brewer's yeast.

All and all this is just a updated version, with better yeast and nutrient and energizer to make a better mead while still being easy.

so that is what I need for the insturctions that include the conditioner and stuff.. or are you guys still talking about the instructions that calls for the bread yeast... a little confused.... Im not looking at the recipe that asks for bread yeast..

Make it how the instructions say, it will turn out very nice. All we are saying is that it is an updated version of JAOM. Its been changed to include better yeast and the use of nutrient and energizers. Those three things will provide a better, cleaner, and more complete fermentation while also making things easier on you.

Latest posts

Back