How do I keg my HB?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boyd

Reaction score
I like bottles, but kegs are just too incredible not to use. Is there how-to guide to kegging?

Kegging saves so much time that you will not know what to do with yourself when its done. There are lots of folks getting into it all the time, and lots of them are asking the same questions that you are. Browse through the "bottling/kegging" section of the site and you should find more than enough to get started. I think there's a sticky in there too that should be helpful.

Yes, it's called this forum. ;)

There's a bottling and kegging sub-forum that should have all the info you'll ever need. I think some of the vendors out there have guides. But your best best it to start digging.

1. Search is your buddy.

2. Anyone willing to sell you a keg kit has a "how to" on their site. I bought my first set up from keg connection and was pleased with the results.

3. It's just like bottling except you only fill one bottle and with some tweaking you can have fully carbed beer in a week. Some folks will argue about the quality of the beer and other such things, but it's carbed enough to drink.

This guys videos are alright. I don't follow all of his techniques, but they are still helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
once you buy the kegging stuff, you'll find you can't even afford the time to bottle. fortunately, you won't have to. bottle in 1.5-2 hours; keg in 15 minutes ( including sterilizing the keg ), and another hour drinking celebrating the time you didn't spend bottling :drunk:

Back