Favorite video game system?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What video game systems do you own or will you own?

• PS3

• Wii

• Xbox 360

• XBox

• Gamecube

• PS2

• PC

• Video games are for kids. Now get off of my lawn.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yuri_Rage said:
Congrats...I think...

But how many homebrew gadgets and ingredients could you have bought with that $2,000...?:drunk:

I'm thinking he's selling it on ebay

todd_k said:
I'm sure there is nothing that you do that anyone else would call a waste of time. :rolleyes:

Fortunately, this forum is the best possible way to spend free time. Highly productive, and more enriching than spending time with our kids.

Cheesefood said:
Fortunately, this forum is the best possible way to spend free time. Highly productive, and more enriching than spending time with our kids.

Can't you do both at the same time?

I somewhat agree with beer4breakfast that video games are a waste of time. For me! I play PC games and am pretty much completely oblivious to my wife and son when in front of the computer. The problem is, I spend much more time playing than I intend to because the games are addictive! There's no good stopping point!
I know not everyone will agree with me, but when I do finally walk away from the games, I feel like I could have been much more productive with those few hours. I guess it is like everything else--okay as long as it is in moderation.
D#m&it, Walker San and other developers--quit making the games so fun!!
Whew, I need a life...:rockin:

I just game on my PC..I am a World of Warcraft addict, or was until they BANNED me on Wednesday along with thousands of others! They say it's due to using 'Third Party Software to automate portions of the game'. WHich is bulls***, I've never used a bot or anything like it. If I did, I'd have had more than 1 lvl60 character after more than a year!
Bastards.

I picked up a Wii yesterday at Costco. They had 24 of them, and I was the 10th person in line. The Wii Sports game that comes packaged with it is a riot. I particularly like two-player boxing. Nintendo definitely has a winner on their hands.

Slightly :off:, but...

Is anyone interested in a PS3, but wasn't able to pre-order?

There's a guy here at work that pre-ordered a bundle (I believe it's the console, an extra controller, and 6 games), but he's decided that he wants to wait for the price to come down.

He's trying to pass his pre-order on to another person. If he doesn't find an interested party, he's going to cancel his pre-order.

So.... being the nice guy that I am, I thought I'd check to see if anyone here might be interested.

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN SELLING THIS TO AN E-BAY SCALPER.

PM me if you are interested in OWNING and PLAYING the PS3, but couldn't get a pre-order in. I won't respond to posts in this thread... only PMs. I also reserve the right to choose who gets the thing based on my relationship with the person on this forum. (which means that if you have never talked with me before, you aren't going to get it, so don't ask.)

I think the cost of the bundle is about $1100 and it's supposed to ship the first week of December.

No guarantees here. The guy has offered it to people here at work first. I'm just helping put together a contingency plan in case no one in the office wants to take over his pre-order.

-walker

Walker-san said:

I don't know if this is true or not, but a guy in my local Jeeping club bought 3 PS3s and sold them each on ebay for over triple of what he paid. His net profit turned out to be $7500 which in turn paid for his entire semester of school. LMAO.

Who in the hell is buying these for 3 grand on ebay? :rolleyes:

Walker-san said:
Slightly :off:, but...

Is anyone interested in a PS3, but wasn't able to pre-order?

There's a guy here at work that pre-ordered a bundle (I believe it's the console, an extra controller, and 6 games), but he's decided that he wants to wait for the price to come down.

He's trying to pass his pre-order on to another person. If he doesn't find an interested party, he's going to cancel his pre-order.

So.... being the nice guy that I am, I thought I'd check to see if anyone here might be interested.

PM me if you are interested in OWNING and PLAYING the PS3, but couldn't get a pre-order in. I won't respond to posts in this thread... only PMs. I also reserve the right to choose who gets the thing based on my relationship with the person on this forum. (which means that if you have never talked with me before, you aren't going to get it, so don't ask.)

I think the cost of the bundle is about $1100 and it's supposed to ship the first week of December.

No guarantees here. The guy has offered it to people here at work first. I'm just helping put together a contingency plan in case no one in the office wants to take over his pre-order.

-walker

Are you selling sidekicks too?

When did Mods start spamming? :D

Dude said:
LOL...Walker, do you have any corny kegs for sale too? ;)

As a matter of fact, I've got a firestone keg that I'll be wanting to get rid of as soon as I drink it dry. PLUS, a set of extra pin-lock quick connects.

:D

-walker

Walker-san said:
As a matter of fact, I've got a firestone keg that I'll be wanting to get rid of as soon as I drink it dry. PLUS, a set of extra pin-lock quick connects.

:D

-walker

Why do I get the feeling that someone's about to spend $1100 for a genuine Playcast 3.

Walker, I need a watch. My Polex died.

I just got my son a Xbox 360 for his birthday last night. Which means that I now own a 360, and will be picking up Gears of War this afternoon. Funny how that works out.

Back