Easy to remove paper?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schneemann

Reaction score
I'm not in any position to go pretending like I'm a real brewery, but I would like to label bottles with some basic information like what's in it, when it was brewed, etc.

Since I'll be reusing bottles, does anyone know of any paper I can get which is particularly easy to remove (i.e. with a soak while cleaning & sanitizing)?

TIA

Use a laser printer on normal paper, then use milk to adhere the label. Works great and comes off easy.

Since I'll be reusing bottles, does anyone know of any paper I can get which is particularly easy to remove (i.e. with a soak while cleaning & sanitizing)?

I print my labels to a color laser printer (regular paper, nothing special) and then use a glue stick to adhere the paper to the bottle. It comes off real easily and you can even get a special type of glue stick (by 3M maybe?) that allows for you to pull it off and restick it if you put it on crooked.

I use a laser printer on normal paper and mix a solution of a little water water and elmers glue.. it goes on easy and comes off easy. I tried the milk, and sometimes it would have a sour smell if I labeled before naturally carbonating. milk + 1-2 wks in florida heat doesnt mix well. elmers and water works great!

Hello,

As a person who does labels often (all be it not on beer bottles), I find the onlinelabels work great. In particular, the OL125 labels made out of the White w Removable (Laser and inkjet) paper. This sticks well and comes off easily (just peel it off - don't need to wash it off or soak it off at all). You can buy for either type printer, so it's very easy. 10 per page.

They have a few other bottle labels that also have the ones that would go up around the neck, but I don't know if it is made out of the same material or not.

The link to the labels is:

http://www.onlinelabels.com/ol125.htm

I am in no way connected with this company, I just use their products for work and am usually pleased with the result. It costs $30 for 1000 labels (or 3 cents apiece), so it's not too bad really.

Hope that helps

gfd622

I used to use the 3/4" round Avery labels and print the basic info and stick it to the cap. The templates for printing were built into MS Word.

I'm all for the round avery labels on the caps. I haven't tried to print them yet, I just hand write the batch number on the top. The batch number matches up with my brew history in Beersmith.

Back