Keezer collar question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rperkins

Reaction score
I am getting ready to place my collar on my keezer.

I have all purpose adhesive caulk - clear. Is this what I need for securing the collar to the keezer???

How many days do I need to let this setup before going to the next step?

Drill the holes now or after I mount the collar??

Thanks for any input!!

Pics coming soon! :ban:

Is the collar attached to the lid or to the freezer? If the collar is attached to the lid I found it easier to do everything else (drill and mount the shanks/taps, install insulation, mount secondary regulator, etc) first then put the top on last.

That clear caulk is plenty and you should place it, squish it around a bit to get good coverage then drop some books or something on top to weight it down and leave it at least over night.

With the lid attached to the collar it really never takes any stress so I've never had a problem with mine. If you grab the lid and lift it open that way it might be more of a problem though. That is why I put a towel rack/handle on the front of mine. :p

The link to my build is in my signature if you want to see how I went about it.

Oh and there is a whole DIY section... you'd get more response if you posted this there. I would imagine a mod will move it when they see it though as it really belongs there anyway.

Mine was overnight with weight on it but I was gluing the lid to the collar so it didn't need to be super solid. Might be a different deal with the collar to the freezer. The tube should tell you set and dry times... use those to be safe.

Back