Where to get swing top bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post ads up on craigslist that you're looking for them, or look to see if anyones selling. Personally, i get alot of mine from buying them back from recycle depots.

Got in on this deal...it looks like it's still available..80 cents each you cannot beat this.:rockin:

For a limited time Midwest is offering cases of twelve 16 oz. EZ Cap amber bottles for $12.95. These bottles are perfect bottling homebrews, liquors and even wine. With a re-sealable cap mechanism these bottles will decrease your bottling time. These bottles do not require a capper, since they come complete with a Grolsch-style swing-cap (included). 40 bottles are needed for a batch of 5 gallons of beer. Click here for huge savings on bottles.

Got in on this deal...it looks like it's still available..80 cents each you cannot beat this.:rockin:

For a limited time Midwest is offering cases of twelve 16 oz. EZ Cap amber bottles for $12.95. These bottles are perfect bottling homebrews, liquors and even wine. With a re-sealable cap mechanism these bottles will decrease your bottling time. These bottles do not require a capper, since they come complete with a Grolsch-style swing-cap (included). 40 bottles are needed for a batch of 5 gallons of beer. Click here for huge savings on bottles.

12 for 12.95 is more like $1.08 each, still a great deal, I think my LHBS sells them for $29.99/case.

Link to the product:
CASE OF 12 - 16 oz. EZ Cap Bottles - AMBER :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies

i wouldnt buy them empty. they cost almost the same price full of grolsch and i believe beer tastes better than air

Most of the actual grolsch bottles I see around here are green and I'd rather buy brown empties than skunked grolsch. But to each his own.

+1 for Midwest. I've ordered several cases of 16oz. EZ-cap bottles from them. Plus, their customer service is great. In the last delivery, some of the bottles were broken (by FedEx, I must assume). I notified the company by e-mail late in the day and they sent me replacements early the next morning, no questions asked.

Fisher is another swing topper and my personal favorite. 650ml brown bottles. I never just have a regular 12 oz brew anyway!

See one here.

I've hit up recycle depots, bought them as beer, and had people give them to me. I have enough Grolsch and Fischer now to make about 5 different brews.

I stopped by the local beverage center and asked the bottle return guy. I got close to 50 various swingtops (mostly Grolsch) over the last 3 visits. I shop there often, so most of the guys recognize me. The first 2 times they charged me the cost of the bottle deposit(.05 a bottle in NY) and the third time the boss gave them to me cause I was dropping $40 on some brew. Now the guy sets them aside for me when he gets them and I check back once in a while and grab them. I just filled 40 of them with a batch of Graff last week. Couldn't be happier with the swingtops.

I discovered an easy way to label flip-tops: dry erase marker on the cap. Easily rubs off with a little water. I can't keep beer around long enough to justify fancy labels. Besides, the design on most flip-tops are fancy enough for me already.

Not much use for those south of the border but if you're in or around Vancouver BC and want to get the ez-cap 1 liter (33 fl oz) bottles used by Howe Sound Brewery (in Squamish) quickly, just give the brewery a call and organize a pick up... Me and the misses went and climbed The Chief then went over to the pub for lunch and picked up some bottles.

They sell them used for $0.75 each and they close the stoppers so they are not dried up or moldy, really easy to clean.

I live near you and have a deal on 120 bottles you can't beat. I sent you a personal message. Get in touch if you're interested, thanks.:mug:

Bernard, I think you've been bested by Midwest (they sell them for $12.95 a dozen, as mentioned earlier in this thread).

I think you are wrong. I just went to their site. This is their price.
CASE OF 12 - 16 oz. EZ Cap Bottles - AMBER
16 oz. EZ Cap Bottle- AMBER- Case of 12: These bottles do not require a capper, since they come complete with a more info ...
Price: $22.95

their reguler bottles are 12.95..

I have about 20 of these Midwest pint swing-tops. They are great, very heavy-duty. At this price, I don't see how you can go wrong.

I have about 20 of these Midwest pint swing-tops. They are great, very heavy-duty. At this price, I don't see how you can go wrong.

That "limited time offer" Is over!!. They don’t sell them for that price anymore. Bernards Brew Shop used to sell them for $11.35. The new price is $18.00. Midwest Supplies price is $22.95. Right know Bernards brew shop has the lowest price. If you can find anyone lower please tell me.
How many cases can I put you down for?

TTT

I found these at Grocery Outlet in Grants Pass. I bought 6 and will go back for more. Sparkling Lemonade, obviously made for carbonated beverages. 1 liter bottles.

2012-11-20_10-47-39_765.jpg

2012-11-23_08-39-04_89.jpg

2012-11-23_08-39-11_3.jpg

I stopped by the local beverage center and asked the bottle return guy. I got close to 50 various swingtops (mostly Grolsch) over the last 3 visits. I shop there often, so most of the guys recognize me. The first 2 times they charged me the cost of the bottle deposit(.05 a bottle in NY) and the third time the boss gave them to me cause I was dropping $40 on some brew. Now the guy sets them aside for me when he gets them and I check back once in a while and grab them. I just filled 40 of them with a batch of Graff last week. Couldn't be happier with the swingtops.

Which store did you visit? Im also in NY and wat swingtops

Back