A Pair of New Ones....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomerT

Reaction score
Here are my latest two labels....Pay no attention to the ABV values, they are from old label masters...

My Honey Amber Ale.....
Slide10.jpg

And my Belgian Strong Golden...
Slide11.jpg

Any thoughts/suggestions/taunts? :D

-Todd

Very cool Homer. I like the Honey Amber. I was thinking along the same lines for the background on my Honey Wheat.
I see we're almost neighbors! Where do you go for your supplies locally? I've been getting a lot of stuff from the Wine Barrel in Livonia.

Thanks guys.

Mstev50,

I order alot online. But I do also hit up Michigan Brewing Company when I am in the mood for a drive. And lately I have been going to Brewmasters in Milford. Small place, but really great people. I am not a fan of the wine-barrel, although I had to run there Sunday to buy grolsch gaskets for my Honey Amber.

-Todd

You have grammar problem on the second label. It says "alcohol may has caused" and should say "alcohol may have caused"

Other than that I really like them a lot.

You have grammar problem on the second label. It says "alcohol may has caused" and should say "alcohol may have caused"

Other than that I really like them a lot.

Thanks for the catch. I was editing an older label and missed that.

The tibia and fibula of the right leg of the Honey ale girl are too long. She would have a noticeable limp. Her lower phalanges are under proportioned as well. She seems to be wearing boxers, but only on her right leg, and why is the band on the barrel that is laying down not rusted? Has it been replaced, or have the others been subjected to some water damage. If so how did that band escape the chemical change? Your choice of red delicious apple seems odd in that they were not introduced until the late 1800s...too nit picky? Looks great! I'd drink that.

Adding a shadow under the girl on the barrel she's sitting on would help ground her. She looks a little floaty.

Latest posts

Back