Quick Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squizz

Reaction score
I haven't brewed anything for a while, but have decided to make a quic stock of beer/wine/cider ready for christmas.

I've already started my lager and wine using "quick" recipes, and all is going well - but somebody has asked me to make a cider too.

I had a quick sniff around and a browse through some of my recipe books, and it would appear that at the quickest it's likely to be ready in a few months - does anyone know of a recipe/method that will get it done in 4-6 weeks?

Thanks in advance :)

You can have it "done" in 4-6 weeks, if by done you mean fermented. But if you want clear cider, you'll need to add pectic enzyme and cold-crash it as soon as fermentation is done. My cider's been cold-crashing for a few weeks now at 38f, and it's just now clearing up nicely.

Apfelwein made with corn sugar should be done and mostly clear in 4 or 5 weeks... then crash cool it for a week, and it should be ready to bottle...

It's still young, but it's drinkable... really, you should give cider 1 or 2 months for primary fermentation, then bulk age for another 3-6 months for malo-lactic fermentation...

Back