How long is your Beerflix queue?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frazier

Reaction score
SWMBO got a laugh out of the term "beerflix", but the concept is clear. I've got a couple brews in process, and the next one on order. Somewhere rattling around in my brain is a string of successive recipes, probably three or four deep. I know it will change, and I have no idea when, if ever, I'll get back to repeating anything.

So, how long is your queue? And how committed to it are you?

This is what I have sitting in a Google document, and I plan to make every one. I've been successful in sticking to my list so far.

Winter

* smoked porter (2.5 gal) / small beer #2
* bourbon vanilla porter (2.5 gal) / small beer #3 with WLP575
* maple porter (2.5 gal)
* Brooklyn lager: split between 2112 and 1007
* blonde 2: Belgian Schelde
* dunkel

Spring /Summer

* Kolsch
* Centennial IPA (Two Hearted Clone)
* all Amarillo IPA (hop-bursted)
* rye PA (split between 1056 and 2565)
* clean malty amber (Fat Tire, Switchback) (try roasting amber malt)
* dunkelweisen
* Cali common
* helles
* saison using WLP566 Saison II platinum

6 in bottles, 3 in fermenters, ingredients here for 1 more, 2 more recipes on the way, 2 to order in the near future, 5 in planning phases...

Much like my Netflix queue, it will take years to get through it all I'm sure.

One batch carbonating, 2 gallons of mead in secondary, another batch in primary, ingredients for another batch ready to go... and enough hops and yeast for another 10 batches after that. All I'll need is the grain.

My list keeps growing. Unlike the other guy up above, my list is hard to keep straight and I don't always stick to it. I always think of a beer I'd like to make and end up inserting somewhere near the top. Then later I have to rearrange them in order of preference. But lately I seem to be sticking to about 5-6 recipes my wife and I really like to drink regularly. I've thought about making many 1 gallon batches of beers and styles I have never had before (like meads, barley wines, etc). Anyone else do this?

But on to my Beerflix queue:

Pilsner Aristocrat (a first try at a Sam Adams Noble Pils clone)
Tea Party Lager (Sam Adams Lager clone)
a Pale Ale (Sierra Nevada clone)
an ESB of some sort
a Helles of some sort
an Altbier of some sort
a Raspberry Wheat (Abita Purple Haze clone)
a dry Stout (Guiness Draught clone)
another IPA (Dogfish Head 60 clone)
an Imperial IPA (Pliny the Elder clone)
an Apfelwein!

I've thought about making many 1 gallon batches of beers and styles I have never had before (like meads, barley wines, etc). Anyone else do this?

Absolutely! Go ahead and do this, it will rekindle any fading interest you may have. I have a handful 3 gallon Better Bottles, which is perfect for splitting a 5 gallon batch and trying out different yeast, fermentation temps, dry hopping or secondary addition (sugar, fruit, etc).

Right now, I have 8 gallons of Hefe ferementing, due to go into the kegs Saturday. Have 9 kegs with beer in them now.

Upcoming:

02/28 - 10 Gallon batch of Haus Amber Ale
03/13 - 8 Gallon BL Lager Clone
03/27 - 5 Gallon Leinie's Sunset Wheat Clone
04/10 - 10 Gallon batch of Hefe (I like hefe)
04/24 - ??? 5 gallons of something new. Imperial Belgian, possibly.

:mug:

15 or 16 that I need to brew before it gets too hot outside (No air conditioning) and 4 in fermentors right now.

hah how long is Jamil's book?

...kidding. There really is no answer to this one. I've got two more planned for NHC first round, and after that I got who knows. For awhile I had planned it all out, but when it comes time to hit the LHBS and buy some grain its usually a day-of decision.

Back