I love this hobby!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BA_from_GA

Reaction score
Yesterday i brewed my 7th batch since february, a brown ale (same recipe as my first batch), and bottled my 6th batch a belgian quad.

I have all the ingredients on hand for batches 8-11, and am working on getting together purchase lists for a pumpkin ale, and some sort of fig brew for the wife. And i've got the go ahead to buy a kegging setup, just trying to figure out which one.

This is the greatest weekend hobby ever.

Weekend hobby. I have been getting grief over my hobby I had to move actual brewing things to the weekend. The only things I can during the week are make a starter (Friday night), or boil some vessels to wash yeast.

Hah, my hobby turned into obsession after about a week.

When I first told my wife I was going to try brewing my own beer she just laughed at me and was like, "whatever, you're a lazy piece of **** and won't even mow the lawn let alone brew your own beer."

Then I started reading the classic homebrew books. She was still saying I was crazy and said I'd never read them. Then the UPS guy dropped off a few big boxes of equipment, so she started to think I was serious. Next thing she knows I got the whole house smelling like wort and hops.

Now there is some aspect of brewing going on at least 4 days a week. Whether it's soaking bottles to remove labels, creating a starter, getting a present from the UPS man, building a wort chiller, cleaning equipment or actually brewing, something is going on. The SWMBO isn't laughing any more. I might be lazy, but when it comes to good beer I can become the most motivated mofo you've ever seen.

So, weekend hobby? Sure, it starts out that way. But before you know it, it's' consumed every available free moment you have. That's not a bad thing, but it's much more than a hobby :D I've had a lot of hobbies over the years, but this is the ultimate.

Back