South Central Pa Bulk Grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warrior

Reaction score
Time is getting near for another bulk grain buy for S. Central Pa brewers. I'll check this years pricing but want to know how many people are interested? I plan on mid Feb to early March for delivery. Last years bulk buy went very well as we all shared in a good price on our grains. Check your inventories and let me know what you'll be needing.

Warrior

Claphamsa and I are trying to put together another group buy and it will probably be in the Baltimore area so not far from York at all. It would probably be best for all of us if we just combined it into one. That way we should definatly be able to get ATLEAST one whole pallet maybe two. Here is the link to what we already have going.

Depending on when you're expecting delivery, I'd be down for:

55# of Golden Promise, MO or Optic
55# of Pils
10# of Munich

...I'm out of my base malts right now so sooner would be better for me so I don't go just buying a sack of briess 2 row or something.

Well we are all getting together in March to brew and I think that is probably when we would be doing this too.

Claphamsa and I are trying to put together another group buy and it will probably be in the Baltimore area so not far from York at all. It would probably be best for all of us if we just combined it into one. That way we should definatly be able to get ATLEAST one whole pallet maybe two. Here is the link to what we already have going.
Last year I had 21 sacks of grain, about as close to a full pallet as you can get. I had the grain dlivered in Lancaster. Some people picked it up there while some other people picked it up at my place in York. I'm only 25 minutes from the Md line, very close to Rt 83.

Well since we are planning on doing it the same as one of our brew days we probably wouldnt want the delivery to be somewhere else. We are probably going to be looking somewhere in the baltimore area. If you want in just post over in the other thread.

depending on price/timing/location I would possibly be in for:

-sack of 2-row
-sack of Pils
-10-15 lbs Munich (if anyone wants to split up)
-10-15 lbs Wheat Malt (if anyone wants to split up)

Well since we are planning on doing it the same as one of our brew days we probably wouldnt want the delivery to be somewhere else. We are probably going to be looking somewhere in the baltimore area. If you want in just post over in the other thread.

Obviously the delivery location is dependent on where we can swing a loading dock; Warrior has organized this previously so may be able to offer some more insight.

Perhaps we can organize a brewday equidistant from both Lancaster and Baltimore so no one group is faced with an inordinate amount of travel.

Obviously the delivery location is dependent on where we can swing a loading dock; Warrior has organized this previously so may be able to offer some more insight.

Perhaps we can organize a brewday equidistant from both Lancaster and Baltimore so no one group is faced with an inordinate amount of travel.
I'll offer that we can do a brew day in my garage.

Price of grains is as follows

Best Malz (Ger 55 lb)
Pils $34.10
Wheat $36.30
Lt Munich $35.20
Dk Munich $36.30

Hugh Baird (United Kingdom 55 lb)
Marris Otter $39.60
Pale Ale $38.50
Med Crystal (30-40 L) .76/lb
Dk Crystal (70-80 L) .76/lb
Ex Dk Crystal (115-155 L) .77/lb

Canadian (55 lb)
Prem 2-row Pils $27.00
Pale Ale $27.50
Wheat $31.00
Rye $31.00

For the crystal, wheat and Rye we can go together and split up bags.The totals will have to equal the 55 lb sack size.
Shipping will be $5.00 added per 55 lb bag. Let me know what you need and I'll start adding up the order.

Warrior

Warrior,

What is the interest so far from the club?

Jason
Three different people have responded and are getting bags grain. Do you want to split some Rye and Wheat? I want to make that Roggen beer you gave me, it was very good.

Warrior

Three different people have responded and are getting bags grain. Do you want to split some Rye and Wheat? I want to make that Roggen beer you gave me, it was very good.

Warrior

Yeah, I'd be down with a split for both. Recipe is in my pull-down. 10 or so pounds of Munich might be a good idea as well.

:mug:

I am definitely in for the following:

-1 sack Best Malz Pils
-1 sack Canadian Pale Ale
-I could also use up to 15 lbs of Wheat and/or Munich so if anyone wants to split a sack several ways of either of them I would love to get in on that as well.

Warrior, once all the details are finalized (and I know if I am getting in on any wheat or munich) please let me know all the details as far as payment and pick-up location. I am in Lancaster (near Evets) so a lancaster location would be optimal for me, however, I could travel to York as well.

Thanks for organizing this for us!!!

-pava

brewt00l, I am in denver, but I am literally 1.5 miles off the turnpike . . .still a bit of a haul from Doylestown, but it would save you the extra trip into lancaster or York.

Also I work in Exton, so that may make things a bit easier (I work somewhat odd hours though. . .usually leave work by 4pm) In any case if there is no better option, I would be willing to help out if needed.

What's the chance of breaking down quantities of Munich? I'd imagine that other folks might be interested in less than full sack quantities of that one.

What's the chance of breaking down quantities of Munich? I'd imagine that other folks might be interested in less than full sack quantities of that one.
There are several people interested in Munich Lt and Mun Dk, which one do you want?

I usually pickup the 10L Munich, which is likely the dark but I could work with the LT if you're just going to break one down.

I'm Down for:

2 x 55lb Sacks of Marris Otter
1 x 55lb Sack of Canadian Pale Ale
1 x 55lb Sack of Ger Pils

20lb of Wheat
10lb Med Crystal
10lb Dark Crystal
10lb Extra Dark Crystal

And if we can get enough people to split the Munich i'd be down with around 20lb

Time is getting near for another bulk grain buy for S. Central Pa brewers. I'll check this years pricing but want to know how many people are interested? I plan on mid Feb to early March for delivery. Last years bulk buy went very well as we all shared in a good price on our grains. Check your inventories and let me know what you'll be needing.

Warrior
Pallet is full! Can not take anymore orders. Only thing left is 20 lbs of Dark Crystal and 10 lbs of Ex Dark Crystal to make a full sack. Who needs some Dark or Extra Dark?

Heh, I don't know if I could order quite that much, but I could order at least 2-3 bags or so if there's enough interest for the new pallet.

Looks like an issue arose with the MD grain buy; 2-row was put in as a replacement for Pilsner. WTF? :mad:

I'm in need of a sack of Pilsner (and Firebrewer might as well.)

Looks like an issue arose with the MD grain buy; 2-row was put in as a replacement for Pilsner. WTF? :mad:

I'm in need of a sack of Pilsner (and Firebrewer might as well.)
Actually the Canadian Malt is listed in the catalog as a 2 row pilsen malt verses a 6 row. The other pilsen malt would be the German which cost more. I'm actually getting one of each becuase I want to see how it compares to the German. My guess is it probably is like the Breiss 2 row.

Back