Modern technology

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's pretty damn cool, but I think I would get myself into trouble if the bartender just kept 'magically' coming around every time my glass got low in contents. :D

It'll never sell in Europe. They have their own way of telling if you are empty and want a refill that's worked for hundreds of years and don't cost a thing.

Glass mug...they can see if you are empty.

Ceramic mug: When you lay the mug on its side it's empty and you want another.

Ceramic mug with a pewter top: Leave the lid up if you want another. Other than that the normal position is down.

This way they don't bother you like they do in the States. They can check your status from across the room.

Ahh yes, the old technique of using your eyes. But don't you just love the crap that technologists come up with.

I tend to use the "poke SWMBO with a stick" technique when I want a refill at home...got her trained pretty good! :D

Yes, one could use the eyes, but then they couldn't sell the batteries for the gadget thingy!! Oh well.

Here we just set the glass/mug in the inside tray of the bar for a refil or Coaster on top of the glass for no refil.

Wild

wild said:
Here we just set the glass/mug in the inside tray of the bar for a refil or Coaster on top of the glass for no refil.

Wild

ditto on that for my local- though the "I'm done" thing rarely works....

Back