What is a good beer to brew and ferment in the low 70s to high 78 temps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. I have done two saisons in the past month. They really benefit from temperature well over 75.

Yep, I second that. Belgian or Saison. Wyeast 3711 is a good yeast to use for this.

Maybe try a Biere de Garde if you don't care so much of Saisons. Wyeast 3725 Biere de Garde is available on a seasonal basis and you should still be able to pick it up. Fermenting temperature range of 70-84°F. Or you could use Wyeast 1762 Belgian Abbey II, which ferments in the 65-75°F range.

Maybe try a Biere de Garde if you don't care so much of Saisons. Wyeast 3725 Biere de Garde is available on a seasonal basis and you should still be able to pick it up. Fermenting temperature range of 70-84°F. Or you could use Wyeast 1762 Belgian Abbey II, which ferments in the 65-75°F range.

+1

I think the Biere de Garde style is underrepresented in general. Great as is or you can lighten things up to make a session beer, ferment it with 3725, and get a great malty brew with a little bit of funk. And the high range of ferm temps makes it a good summer project.

wyeast 3787 trappist high gravity makes great beers at that temp. tripel, patersbier. heck i just brewed an ipa with it. love that yeast.

Back