So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be brewing a batch of BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde Ale this weekend. The first keg of it magically disappeared which might have been due to my generosity and the neighbors' appreciation for delicious, free homemade beer.

Brewing a Russian Imperial Stout on Monday. I will put some vanilla bean and bourbon soaked oaken chips into secondary. Fingers crossed!

Brewing right now, Bragg's Maple Spring Ale

5 gal maple sap
6 lb gold extract
.5 lb DME
1 oz nugget hops
.5 oz warrior hops
1tsp yeast nutrient

Will be primed with maple syrup

Doing my first AG batch on St. Patty's Day. Imperial mild. Thinking about aging a few gallons on Brandy soaked oak. Could be epic!

i hope to leave a rippling oil slick in our close friend's hoppers- all holiday weekend. it's a freaking holiday.

Probably my last Coopers kit. Real ale, put in the primary about 20 minutes ago.
11:33 airlock activity. Subbed Notty for Coopers yeast. 3 cup starter. I know that it's not necessary for dry yeasts, but I had 2/3 of a cup of amber extract looking for a purpose.

Its getting warm in chicago and I'm losing the temp in the basement slowly so I'm doing a ten gallon batch of pale ale and a ten gallon batch of gumball clone.

The temps definitely altered my fermenting plans. It looks like I'm going to have to bust out the old swamp cooler for the Oaked Imperial Whiskey stout I'm brewing today.

Bottling my tweaked Hop Head Double IPA from Midwest tomorrow, and I'll be brewing their Belgian Trippel later today. Got my starter kicked off and may have over filled the growler it's in a little bit, the krausen is oozing out the top.

Brewing my second attempt at Janet's Brown. The first attempt was the first batch I ever had to dump. This one should end up much better.

Lit the strike water 15 minutes ago. Brewing an Oatmeal Stout, a recipe I have brewed many times. Just bottled a batch Friday, so I can brew another today! This is a favorite so I have a fermenter dedicated to Oatmeal Stout and one for Centennial IPA.

Happy Brewing!

Update -- been an excellent brew day! I have hit every temp square on and pull the exact amount of wort at a 1.060 pre-boil!
Added bittering hops 13 minutes ago and the brew room smells like, like... victory.

Did an abbey dubbel today with home made amber/dark invert/candi sugar and wlp540 (revived a vial that went out of date in November). Ended up with 68 billion cells for around 7 million per ml, perfect!

Got my Janet's Brown in the fermenter last night. Hit #'s perfect. Only flaw was that yeast wasn't ready till this morning. Pitched a bunch of healthy yeast though and paid close attention to sanitization last night.

Had a successful first all grain brewday with a Vienna/Northern Brewer SmaSH. I would brew daily if I could...

I made up 2 gallons of wheat with DME .042 O.G.
and 2 gallons of Dark DME .040 O.G.
I don't give them fancy names, we just drink it.
2 weeks to bottling and 2 weeks to drinking.

Had some friends couch crash after last night's party and one is an aspiring brewer so we threw together a Belgian Blonde recipe and decided last minute to turn it into a "dirty" blonde with 8 oz of dehusked carafa III thrown into the mash during the sparge.

Big beer day Monday. I'll brew an all grain American Wheat and keg up a American Pale Ale and a Brown Porter.

In the evening is the first round of judging for the Cloudy Town Brewers Marsh Mashness competition.

WaaHo

I brewed my version of an "American Wit" today......

5 gallons:

Ingredients:
------------
Amt Name Type # %/IBU
8.0 oz Rice Hulls (0.0 SRM) Adjunct 1 4.5 %
4 lbs Pale Ale (Crisp) (4.0 SRM) Grain 2 36.4 %
4 lbs Wheat Malt, Pale (Weyermann) (2.0 SRM) Grain 3 36.4 %
1 lbs Caramel Malt - 10L (Briess) (10.0 SRM) Grain 4 9.1 %
1 lbs Oats, Flaked (Briess) (1.4 SRM) Grain 5 9.1 %
8.0 oz Carapils (Briess) (1.5 SRM) Grain 6 4.5 %
1.00 oz Hallertauer [4.80 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 7 15.3 IBUs
0.50 oz Orange Peel, Bitter (Boil 10.0 mins) Spice 8 -