What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A hydro sample of my Belgian blonde IPA. Two days and I already hit my fg, I can smell just how young it is but taste wise, this tastes like it is two weeks old! I think the hops are covering up some of that greenness in the taste

Did you see what they (Three Floyds) said... LOL

http://t hefullpint.com/dans-blog/3-floyds-addresses-concerns-over-xv-anniversary-party-baller-stout-release

cut and paste and delete the space between the "t" and the "h"

Still didnt get anything from that, its deleted or im dumb. Care to summarize?

The few other beers ive tried are pretty impressive though. Gumball,mild,frankenfest

Still didnt get anything from that, its deleted or im dumb. Care to summarize?

The few other beers ive tried are pretty impressive though. Gumball,mild,frankenfest

They got in trouble for the post and removed it.... basically they said, "shut the **** up and quit crying cause you didn't get out beer". HAHAHAHA

Cursing and all. HA

Hopefully ill be crying with tears o' joy when i try their harvest Broodoo! ha,ha

Just picked up a 6'r of Thirsty dogs 12 dogs of Christmas ale. It's supposed to have all these spices & honey in it. But it tastes like a brown,weakly hopped IPA to me. Good,a little bit of a warmer,but not like Great Lakes Christmas ale.

Blue Point Hoptical Illusion...pretty nice to be able to stroll outta Penn station in Nyc with a 24 oz draft of ctaft beer for the train ride back to DC

Tried first bottle of my founders bfast stout clone. Needs another week of carbbing up but I don't think it is going to last long. Drinking a Autumn Maple clone now

My superbowl sunday pale ale from Homebrewers Recipe Guide. Subbed hops (Belgian admirable/Centennial)had vaired base malt(Gambrinus pale ale,pilsner and 6 row),used flaked rye instead of barley,its 1.054 instead of 1.038 OG. And turning out great.Clearning nicley without any irish moss also.4 weeks bottled.Im thinkin another month it will be bliss.

EPIC imperial Red. Drowning my frustrations re: desire to brew but have to work on truck.... It's 37 deg outside and pouring rain... ugh. Damn good beer though. Great things seem to be coming out of UTAH lately.

mwmoose152 said:
A chimay blue clone in the mancave while the wife hosts a purse party

That would be a very nice combination for a SMaSH. I'm drinking a Bighorn Pumpkin now, it's pretty... meh. Not bad, but not really good. I wish I could get some more Pumpking right now.

Okay... So my phone didn't take the correct quote...

Anyhow, now I'm drinking a Bighorn Snow Angel. It's growing on me... Still not as good as any Powerhouse beers, but it's not bad.

The only thing the ram really has going for it are the seasonals.

drummerguysteve said:
That would be a very nice combination for a SMaSH. I'm drinking a Bighorn Pumpkin now, it's pretty... meh. Not bad, but not really good. I wish I could get some more Pumpking right now.

Was that in reference to my mo/fuggle?
Because it is delicious, and I'm upset I only put 2 in the fridge.

It was in reference to the M/O and Fuggle SMaSH. I didn't want to quote again, in fear of grabbing yet another wrong quote. It could be a slight buzz, or my phone. I don't want to incorrectly say it's my phone for sure. I do think that's the case though.

At any rate, I'm sorry you don't have more available to you right now. I think that an M/O SMaSH could make a world-class bitter. I love beers that showcase either of those ingredients.

recipe please. Yes, I know MO + fuggle. :cross:
Well, a bit more detail on amounts and when would be appreciated. Have plenty of MO and Fuggle (as well as other hops) and have been meaning to do a SMaSH.
Thanks.
5.5 gallon batch
i won't give amounts on the m.o., due to my terrible efficiency....
but OG was 1.045, mashed at 152 for 60 minutes.
3 oz of 5.2 fuggles @ 60
.5 oz of 5.2 @ 15
1 oz 4.5 @ 5
(had fuggles from different suppliers)
carbed to 2.3, which i find to be perfect.
had one yesterday and i wasn't impressed, but it had only been chilling for an hour or so. two this evening and they are delicious. pairs well with phad thai and tabasco flavored pringles.

No I have not tried it but will now be on the lookout. Another mind = blown beer from around these parts is just outstanding IPA by kern river brewing co. I wouldn't go as far as saying its AS good as double jack but it's pretty damn good.

Deschutes Jubelale, good choice I suppose while waiting for the "winter storm" to hit.

Ovila Abbey Saison, absolutely yummy. Cyling through my three brews: Late Hopped APA(delicious, grapefruit front with nice malty backbone), Scottish Ale(smoky flavor didn't come through, but very good drinking ale), and Northern English Brown Ale(incredible).:ban:

I wish I could get some more Pumpking right now.

My local beer store has around a half dozen bottles of Pumking left. If you're in dire need, I am sure I could get some of these "live yeast cultures" to you in Seattle (from the Detroit area).

5.5 gallon batch
i won't give amounts on the m.o., due to my terrible efficiency....
but OG was 1.045, mashed at 152 for 60 minutes.
3 oz of 5.2 fuggles @ 60
.5 oz of 5.2 @ 15
1 oz 4.5 @ 5
(had fuggles from different suppliers)
carbed to 2.3, which i find to be perfect.
had one yesterday and i wasn't impressed, but it had only been chilling for an hour or so. two this evening and they are delicious. pairs well with phad thai and tabasco flavored pringles.

Thanks. I will play with grain bill amounts using beersmith and my own process effeciency at what target OG I want.

DGibb said:
My local beer store has around a half dozen bottles of Pumking left. If you're in dire need, I am sure I could get some of these "live yeast cultures" to you in Seattle (from the Detroit area).

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll just stock up more next year. I'd love more, but the shippings probably a bit much. Besides, our pumpkin-beer Halloween party is already past.

Thanks for the offer though!

A strong smoked copper ale I brewed for camping this fall, but we never went camping so I've got a ton of it. It's basically a strong Marzen with smoked malt and US-05. Not sure what else to call it.

A kolsch as well. Tastes like mango and pineapple. Not quite a winter warmer but they sure do go down easy.

Back