C-brite dilution instructions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradFont

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am a novice homebrewer and I am looking for some definitive directions for using C-Brite cleanser/sanitizer. How much water should I add to a 0.8 oz. packet of C-brite? Also, can I pour it down my sink drain? I would appreciate any information on this!

Thank you,
Brad

:mug:

You probably wanted to aim for the "Beginners Brewing Forum" instead of this board, just for future reference.

I used C-brite in the beginning(came with my kit) and then switched to Oxiclean FREE(no dyes or perfumes) and I'd recommend that.

Here's the info, though: CLEANSING: Clean object to be sanitized with 1-2 packets C-Brite (0.8 ounce packet) in 2 gallons of warm water and rinse well with potable water. It may be necessary to remove beer stool, gross filth and heavy soil from the surface by a pre-scrape, pre-flush and where necessary a pre-soak treatment.

Sorry, can't answer your q, but the current standard in homebrewing is oxyclean (target, walmart, grocery) for soaking stuff and cleaning it, and star san for sanitizing. If you get the star san, also get a spray bottle from HD / Lowes and mix in there.

Good luck.

passedpawn said:
Sorry, can't answer your q, but the current standard in homebrewing is oxyclean (target, walmart, grocery) for soaking stuff and cleaning it, and star san for sanitizing. If you get the star san, also get a spray bottle from HD / Lowes and mix in there.

Good luck.

Thank you guys. I appreciate your input!

Back