Elevated Mash Tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k-ale

Reaction score
Here is the latest addition to my all grain endeavors. I have a winch through a couple pulleys that elevates the tun so I can drain it directly into the brew kettle. Once the first runnings empty, I lower it, add the sparge, crank it up again and drain into the kettle.

The second pic shows my stove, brew kettle and advanced ventilation system:D

I think it's pretty cool but I wonder what the rest of you guys think...be kind to the newbie.

Elevated Mash Tun.jpg

Tun and Stove.jpg

That is slick. Might have to make a trip to Harbor Freight to outfit one of these things. I wonder if you could rig up one on a track system along the ceiling?

What kind of burner is that under your kettle? looks like an old super powered gas kitchen range.

It is an old stove with all 4 burners close enough so that all 4 can fire up under the kettle. So far, no mishaps. I have 4 or 5 batches under my belt with this rig. Also, I did get everything from harbor freight except one pulley which I had to get from a local industrial rigging/lift company.

I also have an 'Elevated' mash tun, but slightly different setup. I have a push cart that has a foot jack.

IMG_3469.jpg

Where can you get a pump for $35. They are only dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. I hang thousands of pounds of steel above people's heads for a living. Everything I am using is rated for about 10 times the weight I'm dealing with.

Where can you get a pump for $35. They are only dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. I hang thousands of pounds of steel above people's heads for a living. Everything I am using is rated for about 10 times the weight I'm dealing with.

A winch, 2 pullies, 2 (or 4?) ratchet straps, a platform, for under $35? not a bad deal...

M_C

Latest posts

Back