keezer collar and faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eppo

Reaction score
ok, so for christmas i plan on building up my keezer. right now i just have 2 kegs in it with party taps. i just want to make sure i get all that i need.
i'll need faucets, shanks and the beer line connector kits from keg connection, along with 5 feet of 3/16 hose for each keg, and a ball lock out disconnect for each keg?
thanks

Are you planning on keeping you picnic tap lines? If not you could just cut the picnic taps off and reuse the line/QD to your new shanks.

ok, so for christmas i plan on building up my keezer. right now i just have 2 kegs in it with party taps. i just want to make sure i get all that i need.
i'll need faucets, shanks and the beer line connector kits from keg connection, along with 5 feet of 3/16 hose for each keg, and a ball lock out disconnect for each keg?
thanks

Most of the time 5 foot of line is too short and leads to foaming issues. I'd go with 8-10 feet per faucet.

Most of the time 5 foot of line is too short and leads to foaming issues. I'd go with 8-10 feet per faucet.

Reusing the picnic tap lines should do as I would think they are already balanced (anyone had issues just swapping picnic for faucets?)
I'll be the first to say go with perlicks, no doubt this will come up at least 10 times ;)
Wood for the collar, when I do mine I'm thinking 2"x6".
Assuming you already got a temp controller.
Paint for the kezzer? stain for the collar? Gas manifold/distribution.
More kegs would be a big plus.
I'll keep thinking and adding to the list bit by bit :)

I started off with 6 feet of beer line, but cut it back to 4.5 or so to get more of a head. Better to start long though. I also started out with 2 kegs with picnic taps. I ,however, couldn't stop once I started and told myself I might as well do it all at once. 3 perlick faucets, of course an extra keg, tap handles, drip tray, bottle opener with cap catcher.....Glad I did, because I built it for a hell of a lot less than I could have gotten a 2 tap kegerator for. Good luck with your build, and take some pictures!

http://webpages.charter.net/sensortech/

Thanks for the link. I am looking for a drip tray for my keezer build and was wondering how you attached this to yours.
Thanks!

I actually build a bar around my chest freezer, so the drip tray just sits on the bar top. They do sell drip trays that attach to existing faucet holes in the keezer collar I believe.

I would not reuse the lines from the picnic taps. Tubing is only like $0.50 a foot and there will be times when you wished you had those picnic taps handy even after you have your keezer all setup.

I use mine all the time when cleaning or testing kegs and when sanitizing on brew day since I store my starsan in kegs.

Oh and yeah... go with ten feet of line for the liquid side.

For the drip tray a mud pan from your local hardware store is cheaper and looks just as good... better I think.

Latest posts

Back