A big thanks to home brew talk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cersit

Reaction score
About a year ago I got my step fathers old beer making kit, Carboy bottles, bucket, racking cane, capper, and so on. he also had a 20lb co2 tank and a couple kegs. I thought this could be fun. I started with a wheat kit in a can from LHBS, found Northern Brewer on the web and ordered a couple more kits. Found HBT and started snooping around, started looking at kegging. Bought a couple taps and turned an old fridge into a kegerator,
At this point I’m brewing 5 gal per week and loving it, I start playing with recipes trying to get a beer close to New Belgium’s 1554…..that I cannot get in UT…. I now make beer I Like more! Keep in mind I’m on HBT about 3 hours a day reading and learning all I can about beer and what it takes to make great beer
All grain here I come…. I start with a 8 gal pot and my 5 gal pot for a HLT and a 5 gal cooler and brew the three recipes I have been working on with extract………WOW they are amazing what a huge difference all grain makes….I’m now in love with beer, I’ve got to make a brew rig, my friends are drinking all my beer and I can’t keep up.
Being a painter in a custom fab shop gives me some awesome tools to work with. I start looking to HBT again for the brew system that will best fit me and my needs. A natural gas 2 tier system with the mash tun set low.
I now have a great hobby, that just keeps growing and getting better, a great wife who has been super through this, and great friends who love to drink my beer.
A BIG thanks to all the people who post on HBT that I continue to learn from and be inspired by
Regards
Cort
:mug:

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

Very nice. Your stand is one of the most visually-appealing ones I've seen in some time. Any concerns about the heat of your burner messing up the tun? Kyle

I've done a run through and two 10gal brews, the mash tun stays pretty cool its about 18 inches away. A little burning around the burners is the only heat issues I've had, but that was expected.

IMG_0051.JPG

great setup! I wish I had access to a bunch of cool tools at my job but we aren't allowed to use any of them for personal use...

Nice! I can't wait to get my electric system built this spring. Almost ready to start designing the stand. It won't look as nice as yours I'm sure.

Back