Think I finally know what I'm doing now with All Grain..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colrain

Reaction score
So this is my 5th all grain batch - HBT BJCP 2011 American Wheat and I think everything went as good as it could have .. maybe even slightly better

With all my other batches something was wrong, didn't sparge properly, had to top up the primary before pitching, off temps slightly, missed my OG here and there.. just something, ALWAYS something - although the resulting beer was ok, nothing special but ok.

I've been reading HBT religiously lately and definitely think my technique has finally reaching that "I know what I'm doing and why I'm doing it" stage. (Big shout out to Bobby M's All Grain Primer.. that helped tremendously)

OG was actually slightly higher than whats in the recipe so I'm guessing that's a good thing, got the room temp stable at 67, stirplate with starter going for 24 hours, volumes are spot on. I'm really looking forward to the result of this batch. I just need to teach myself how to wait now.

(Big shout out to Bobby M's All Grain Primer.. that helped tremendously)

I just need to teach myself how to wait now.

Congrats.. I'm in the same position myself. Batch 4 and I think i finally worked out all the kinks after reading a ton of Bobby's stuff.

and seriously

... When does that waiting stuff get easier?

Waiting only gets easier when your pipeline is overflowing or you need to rent a storage container to store your homebrew in. Maybe not even then.

Latest posts

Back