Founders Double Trouble

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borodave

Reaction score
Hey all, first post here.

I'm looking for a recipe for Founders Double Trouble DIPA, I had a couple of bottles of it last year sometime and it was the best DIPA I've had. I dont get many US imports where I live, and chances are i'll never see it again on sale here again. Does anybody have a recipe, or a good starting point for a recipe for this beer so I can have a bash at a clone!

Hello borodave, welcome to HBT! I love Founders Double Trouble as well. I also happen to live about 15 minutes from Founders which is a plus. I've had it on tap and it is awesome. Unfortunately I don't have a recipe for it but I can tell you that I have had great success emailing Founders for recipe information for some of their other beers. I suggest you go to their website and find the generic email address, tell them how much you like that beer and that you can't get it where you live. Then ask for suggestions on a recipe. It might take a few days but they will respond to you. Post your findings here too if you don't mind. Hope that helps!

I emailed them about a week ago but they havent replied yet, hoping they are going to at some point though, this is one beer I definitely want to have a go at cloning, as like I said, chances are i'm never going to drink the commercial version again.

All i got for you is the dry hopping/late hopping and what I get from it and if you ask me it smells like a lot of Simcoe and Amarillo with maybe a touch of centennial in there.

Right so I got some feedback from the headbrewer. Basically 20plato OG and the hopping is use Summit for bittering and a blend of Simcoe and Amarillo for flavor, finish and dry-hop. On my Pro-Mash recipe software I target 180 IBUs, but in reality I only extract probably half of that. Ferment it with an American yeast and dry hop it with at least a half ounce per gallon towards the end of primary fermentation.

I dont really have much experience with US style hopping, I normally do a bittering addition, a 15, then a 0 steep, am I looking at that for here? Or could there be a 30 minute addition? can anybody sort this out into a recipe for me?

Latest posts

Back