Beer and Cheese

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DurangoMatt

Reaction score
What is your favorite beer and cheese combo? Looking to show off a little with dinner guests. Also looking for some ideas of what beer to brew next, so maybe this will help the to-do list grow.

I really liked Sierra Nevada and Russian River's Brux paired with Brie. It was a great combo. Also Bigfoot plus Gorgonzola was fantastic!

I had a Black Butte 23 last night that paired really great with some Dubliner

How was the BB XXIII? Been wanting to try it, but the price tag is a little hefty.
I prefer their obsidian stout over the black butte, and I typically prefer porters over stouts.

How was the BB XXIII? Been wanting to try it, but the price tag is a little hefty.
I prefer their obsidian stout over the black butte, and I typically prefer porters over stouts.

pretty amazing

my local liquor store had a few on the shelf for $12.99 - i had to double check that i was looking at 23 and not the current release 25

nice orange chocolate nose with a hint of bourbon, really nice mouthfeel. def some warmth from the 11% and the bourbon but perfect level and a very faint background hint of the chiles

im considering going back to grab the other 2

pretty amazing

my local liquor store had a few on the shelf for $12.99 - i had to double check that i was looking at 23 and not the current release 25

nice orange chocolate nose with a hint of bourbon, really nice mouthfeel. def some warmth from the 11% and the bourbon but perfect level and a very faint background hint of the chiles

im considering going back to grab the other 2

I think the store here in town has the 25. Either way I think I'll go ahead and try one!

i've never been disappointed with a dechutes beer but some of the special releases def benefit from age - that being said I still enjoy the hell out of a fresh Abyss

i've never been disappointed with a dechutes beer but some of the special releases def benefit from age - that being said I still enjoy the hell out of a fresh Abyss

They had the BB 25 when I went. So I picked up Rogue Beard Beer instead.

Mild beers with mild cheeses. For example a mozzerella or something of that sort would go well with a pilsner or farmhouse ale.

For washed rind cheeses like tellegio, strong fruity belgians.

Aged hard cheeses like cheddar go well with bold beers something with a punch to combine with the punch of the cheese, like an IPA, Stout, or porter.

For blues it's go big or go home. Anything with the imperial title usually is good (though I'd go with an IIPA over an Imperial stout) and barley wines.

Back