Farenheit to Celcius Chart for your STC 1000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nagorg

If a frog had wings...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A super simple Farenheit to Celcius chart. Intended to be used with your STC 1000 "eBay" controller builds. Seems like most examples I saw were based off of even Celcius degrees. This one is based off of even Farenheit degrees. Plus, its small enough to fit on most builds that use the larger project boxes rom Radio Shack.

These are probably a dime a dozen and easy to create yourself but I figured why not post this one too. Maybe I could save someone a little time and effort.

Farenheit-Celcius-Chart.GIF

I will definitely use this one. I have another larger one I found online but this one is perfect. Like you said it is simple to do but I just never got around to it. Thanks!!!

It's ok......

I think mines better though. ;)

67338d1341458293-not-quite-ugly-junk-graphically-changeable-tap-handles-image-2931669660.jpg

It fits the theme of my vintage pinup tap handles and fits inside my baseball card holders with magnetic tape on the back. But yours is pretty good as well.

j/k

:mug:

Good idea to post these. Here's mine (not to one-up, just to offer some variety):

Temp Conversion F to C.JPG

It's so funny though several people have complained about how the stc-1000's in Celsius and a few weeks back I posted saying, just get a little chart, of the narrow range we use and tape it on or near the temp controller... And people were like "wow, that's brilliant, I never thought of that."

ya know I came to this thread thinking, really? You need a thread for charts?

but these look pretty handy, will probably print off one for my keezer! Sometime I learn to keep my cynical side at bay.

Glad I could at least help BlueBug! :mug:

I knew others had to have some cool charts. A lot of creativity out there for sure. Yes... Yours too Revvy! ;)

Glad I could at least help BlueBug! :mug:

I knew others had to have some cool charts. A lot of creativity out there for sure. Yes... Yours too Revvy! ;)

Thanks, love the simple design, taping this on the back of my black box now!

Thanks. Just got my STC-1000 yesterday need to build the box for it and will put one of these charts on it.

To be honest, after using the STC-1000 for two years, I no longer associate fermentation temperatures with F. I think of everything in C.

I start most ales at 16.7-17.0, I typical raise them to 18-18.5C at peak krausen, and then ramp up to 20C as fermentation is slowing down. I've just stopped bothering to convert to F. Makes life easy.

Quick conversion from °C to °F: double it, subtract 10%, add 32.

20°C: Double -> 40. Subtract 10% -> 36. Add 32 -> 68°F

A precise conversion from °F to °C is not quite as easy, but you'll be within a few % if you just reverse those steps:

68°F: Subtract 32 -> 36. Add 10% -> 39.6. Halve -> 19.8

Just slapped one of the charts on the freezer by me new STC-1000! Perfect for my Celsius challenged brain.

freezer_STC_Chart.JPG

I just got done putting my STC-1000 together and didn't even think to come looking for an already made chart, so I just made one. I like the slide rule though :p

I wasn't smart enough to make a jpg small enough to post directly, but if you want you can check the link below for the print PDF.

Here is the one I'm using

Thanks for posting, printed it out and having my secretary laminate it for my 3 stc-1000's.

Here's one I put together, inspired by the one juvinious posted above. It's designed to be stuck on the top of an 8x6x3 Radio Shack project box if the controller is installed on one of the long (8x3) sides.

All I've ever brewed is ales, so caveat emptor on the temp ranges for the other styles.

Temp Conversion Chart.jpg

shambolic94 said:
Here's one I put together, inspired by the one juvinious posted above. It's designed to be stuck on the top of an 8x6x3 Radio Shack project box if the controller is installed on one of the long (8x3) sides.

All I've ever brewed is ales, so caveat emptor on the temp ranges for the other styles.

Very cool!

had to give this my own spin.. Unfortunatly it wont let me upload a high res version so here is a crappy low res version but you get the idea.

New Bitmap Image.gif

had to give this my own spin.. Unfortunatly it wont let me upload a high res version so here is a crappy low res version but you get the idea.

Love the pinup nurse, I love how creative we've become. Leave it to a home brewer to come up with a hot chick next to his conversion table! lovin it!:tank:

Back