My rims build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeyChopps

Reaction score
I'm super excited to start my rims build and was even more excited when the post man came today. I have to give credit where credit is due my buddy Kevin(hoppy like rabbit on hbt) gave me the shopping list for the tube. All tri clover qds so with out further babbling her she is let me know what u think. Chopps

ForumRunner_20120211_201254.jpg

I thought about that one but it doesn't come with the hose nipples so they were about the same price and the one I got was fully customizable

Thanks for the heads up hoppy give me ur address and I'll send it that way so u can recycle it and I'll try again Chopps

Well guys its been a little while but I picked up some more parts for my build. I picked up a tool box for the guts of my Rims setup
DSCN1160.jpg
Here's the box I got from Harbor freight its 20" and "Stainless steal" I picked it up for 19.99
DSCN1155.jpg
The side where the pump will be installed
DSCN1156.jpg
The inside that will house all the guts
DSCN1157.jpg
And the three switches. 1 for the PID 1 for the element and 1 for the pump. I got all the switches from Lowes for 5.40 a piece. they are rated to 10A at 250 or 20A at 125. More to Come Chopps

So I finally got some more parts and some more time. So heres the new pile of parts.
DSCN1161.jpg

So first thing I needed a power in to the box and a power out for the element. I looked up the male plug housings and they are expensive. So i figured why not make my own plug with both male and female. So I bought one of those really thick metal junctions boxs.
DSCN1162.jpg
then I cut the back out of the junction box and I cut a piece of sheet metal the size of the rear of the junction box. I then took a male and a female repair ends and cut the sheet metal so I can install the plugs inside the box.
DSCN1163.jpg
DSCN1164.jpg
So i had to paint the sheet metal so I wasnt able to finish my power box.

so instead I cut up my tool box and installed the switches and the PID and an XLR wall mount thats going to be my quick disconnect to my RTD.DSCN1165.jpg

Back