Corny Keg question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BorisBulldog

Reaction score
I think I have all the info I need to start kegging my beer, but I'm confused about the fittings.

When I get my home brew corny keg set-up, will the fittings have a quick disconnect or do I need to buy then separately? I will be converting my mini-fridge for a thru the door tapper.

It's hard to see from the pictures on the web sites and since my mini fridge wil be 48" off the ground in my garage I don't want to be unscrewing clamps everytime just to get my keg out to refill.

Thanks

All cornies have built-in plugs for quick-disconnects. The disconnects are attached to gas and beverage lines, but whether or not a specific package includes them, who knows? I don't know what you mean by fittings.

All cornies have built-in plugs for quick-disconnects. The disconnects are attached to gas and beverage lines, but whether or not a specific package includes them, who knows? I don't know what you mean by fittings.

Thanks David,

By fittings I mean the posts on the Corny keg where the CO2 line and beer tap line's connect.

I think you answered my question saying they all have built in plugs for the quick disconnect.

Thanks

Any "fittings" involved in kegging are going to be quick disconnect. There will be one at the end of the line coming from the CO2 tank that connects to the "in" nozzle on the corny, and there will be one on the beginning of the beer line that connects to the "out" nozzle of the corny. These fittings are similar to fittings on the end of an air compressor line where you pull a sleeve to release/attach the hose to an air wrench/nail gun, etc. When changing your keg, all you will have to do is pop the two connectors off and pull the keg out.

Edit, just saw your post: yes the the posts on the actual keg are designed for quick disconnect fittings

Any "fittings" involved in kegging are going to be quick disconnect. There will be one at the end of the line coming from the CO2 tank that connects to the "in" nozzle on the corny, and there will be one on the beginning of the beer line that connects to the "out" nozzle of the corny. These fittings are similar to fittings on the end of an air compressor line where you pull a sleeve to release/attach the hose to an air wrench/nail gun, etc. When changing your keg, all you will have to do is pop the two connectors off and pull the keg out.

Edit, just saw your post: yes the the posts on the actual keg are designed for quick disconnect fittings

Awesome, thanks!

Latest posts

Back