I think I just sinned...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rezilynt

Reaction score
Backstory - So, my swmbo went out of town on a biz trip - I work at home and it's a real slow day so I'm quiting early :rockin:- I figure I'm going to have a few brews -I suddenly realize that I can't start on my one batch that is ready to drink ( I'm saving it for when my best friend is coming up next month and if I start again, it's going to be gone) I have one batch sitting in bottles carbing, another in the secondary and one in the primary, not to mention EdWorts Apfelwein in another primary. I have nothing in the fridge. All this beer around me and I can't touch it:(
Anyway, I drive down to my local market and walk in the cooler and they raised the prices to $9 a six pack for good beer. No way am I paying that, so I grabbed an 18 pack of Bud. Instead of 20 Hail Mary's, I did pick up a pint of New Castle - does that absolve me?

Ehhh... Don't sweat it.... At least you didn't buy a 40 of Crazy Horse,

crazyhorselabel.jpg

That stuff is evil...

Hadn't thought of Mad Dog in a while - you're right it could be worse
Mad Dog - everytime I see your profile opic, I here "I love fights. I love how I feel before a fight, kind of high, like I can do anything."

Send me a bomber of your very finest and I will get you absolved. It is the least I can do for a brother in need.

Really? Would that work? I mean, for all kinds of sins or just brewing sins? If the former, can I pay, like, in advance?

OMG I hate steel reserve. I told my wife one time when she was at the store to pick me up something random. Just suprise me. WELL I was suprised... 12 pack of Steel Reserve. Holycrap was that horrible.

Me and my boys were big 40 connoisseurs in college. It was cheap, and we liked the culture of the 40oz. Coincidentally, WWF/WWE is really awesome (or it was at the time) when you have a 40 or two in your belly. Anyway, my favorite was OE Ice...the biggest bang for your buck, hands down. Short of that, Private Stock or regular OE will do...even Country Club in a pinch. But the one time I tried Steel Reserve, it was so bad I actually had an asthma attack from it. I sh*t you not. I think that stuff was brewed with a little piece of hell inside.

---------------

to the OP: why are you worried about drinking American Light Lager? Unless it truly tastes bad (which most don't---they just have very little taste), I can't see why it'd be a sin. Of course, I'm the resident American Light Lager defender around here...not that I'm a huge fan of the style, I just really really can't stand the whole cult of BMC-bashing.

Always keep a stash of good stuff on hand.

View attachment 5863

Holy @*#&! Bud makes a Beer and Clamato? Wowzas.

To the OP:

You know, at Busch Gardens when you get that beer on tap and fresh it is not bad at all. Maybe not my cup of tea, but I still respect what they have done all these years. To each his own.

Your real shortcoming was that you didn't prepare properly :D

Maybe we should all get together at brewpastors' place for a big brew session. That way we can all get absolved at once. Any self respecting Evangelist would jump at the chance to save so many at once - as a matter of fact, for this kind of opportunity, Brewpastor should even be willing to pay for the supplies and ingredients:ban:

steel reserve is so horrible. we used to try to chug two 22 oz can of that stuff in college right before we had to go play a concert. (music majors). that s%#@ would not let you be. you be feeling like you were gonna blow chunks for jesus forever. but it would get you destroyed. its some pretty efficient stuff if you dont like your liver or your sanity.

to the OP: why are you worried about drinking American Light Lager? Unless it truly tastes bad (which most don't---they just have very little taste), I can't see why it'd be a sin. Of course, I'm the resident American Light Lager defender around here...not that I'm a huge fan of the style, I just really really can't stand the whole cult of BMC-bashing.

To the OP:You know, at Busch Gardens when you get that beer on tap and fresh it is not bad at all. Maybe not my cup of tea, but I still respect what they have done all these years. To each his own.

Slow down guys - it was all in fun... I do not discrimante against any people, religion or beer ...except maybe for:

camoc.jpg

I think that stuff was brewed with a little piece of hell inside.

Going into the sig first of all....second of all I agree....that's why I scale down to 32's and get Mickey's. On snow days, SWMBO and I walk to the store and get them and walk around....pretty fun

Going into the sig first of all....second of all I agree....that's why I scale down to 32's and get Mickey's. On snow days, SWMBO and I walk to the store and get them and walk around....pretty fun

You and the SWMBO venture out into a snow storm to buy Mickeys? :cross:

You and the SWMBO venture out into a snow storm to buy Mickeys? :cross:

yeah, our snow storms are 1" to 6"....blizzards round these parts are 6" to 3 feet!!!! But we haven't had a blizzard in years....where is Al Gore...maybe he thinks it's global warming ;) :p

Back