What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just cracked a Rye Pils from Deep Ellum Brewing Co. I'm actually really surprised, I wasn't expecting much but I'm loving it. The rye spice goes really well with the hops and the crackery pils malt. Super refreshing.

Checking my brown ale. Needs another week or two of conditioning but promising.

image-3069853699.jpg

lumpher said:
widmer's rotator series shaddock ipa

Had that for the first time the other night. It was interesting. Wasn't crazy about the grapefruit peels but didn't hate them either.

What's up with that picture? Can't tell who/what that is.

Drinking my IIPA, 5 days young. I should really wait, but its good so I don't care. Its my bet and I can drink it if I want to. :p

Shot some guns today, so I have to drink some beer. :)

Ranger creek small batch #3 it is a barley wine aged on french oak barrels for six months so yummy.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
It's a Halloween deco. Looks sorta like Wild Bill Hicock (?) from some angles, his skull from some, and a rotting face from others. I'll try'n post a few different angles of it.

Ok I was gonna say it looked like a skeleton, but didn't know out skeletor was a distant relative out not, lol.

Enjoying my RIS. The vanilla is starting to 'pop'..... I need to start making more of this.

Stone smoked porter. It's excellent, I hadn't had it before but ill definitely have it again.

image-3438907325.jpg

Racer courtesy of Weirdboy. Thanks man, my wife and I both love this beer a lot.
HPIM1320.jpg
And then onto my second favorite VT brewed IPA (though that may change next week when I get to try a Hill Farmstead IPA :rockin: )
HPIM1319.jpg
@sweed, I tried to get a better angle so you could see the human face, but I think the camera's always picking up the skull somewhat. It's a cool deco, even in person, people do a double take. :mug:

I had one of my July 02 SNPA clone (a bit high on the OG due to boiling down). I love this batch, really something special though it took a few months for the hops to settle down a bit. Very well balanced now. I probably have about 10 bottles left.. time for a new batch!

Kind of surprised it took 4 months to get there though. This is one of the best beers I have made and I'm looking forward to making more like this!

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Racer courtesy of Weirdboy. Thanks man, my wife and I both love this beer a lot.

And then onto my second favorite VT brewed IPA (though that may change next week when I get to try a Hill Farmstead IPA :rockin: )

@sweed, I tried to get a better angle so you could see the human face, but I think the camera's always picking up the skull somewhat. It's a cool deco, even in person, people do a double take. :mug:

Thanks guy, I never put up my fake spider web. Racer ipa is good stuff.

Tequila, eh?

Ever try Corralejo? I have the blue bottle now and I think it's pretty good, especially considering the price.

whoaru99 said:
Tequila, eh?

Ever try Corralejo? I have the blue bottle now and I think it's pretty good, especially considering the price.
I don't think I've seen it. 1800 is my usual go to for cheap 100% agave.
sweed said:
Um, more of my young ipa. Don't judge, its good.
So are you just pulling thiefs of flat beer? :drunk:

McNeills is great. Very underrated.

Yeah, everything I've tried from them has been really good. I love the ESB, ~$4 for a cold bomber at the shop down the road. Can't argue with a few of those. :mug:

Scored some BridgePort offerings in a trade over on BeerForum.

HPIM1321.jpg
This one's really good, pretty much a fresh hops Hop Czar, maybe a bit more dry. Really good.

The blue bottle is 100% agave (Reposado), red bottle is 100% agave (Anejo). Clear bottle is 1oo% agave unaged.

Blue bottle is about the same price as 1800. You should try some if you can find it.

I will keep an eye out. Maybe at the Bevmo. Patron is good but not as good as rappers think it is.

Woodchuck Private Reserve Pumpkin.

I've never seen it before but I like hard cider and I like pumpkin so I figured I'd snag a sixpack while out-of-town. It's different, but I like it.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Scored some BridgePort offerings in a trade over on BeerForum.

I love me some Bridgeport, used to have it regularly when I lived up in WA. I really enjoyed the Ebenezer Winter Ale.

Huh.. I've been thinking about brewing a Mexican hot chocolate stout. Maybe with chipotle even. Definitely not a 5 gallon batch though.

Back