What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mexicanconnection2002 said:
Very nice Imperial Stout...give it a shot. They have several versions that are good (Oak Aged, Cuban Epresso), but I prefer the regular version.

I thought about trying the regular and the espresso. Its been on my list, just haven't bought it. I'll try them next time I go to the liquor store.

39 today! Had a pretty unusual epic day. Finishing it off(maybe) with a SA Fat Jack. My thoughts: Allspicey,great pie aroma,good malty taste,heavy dark carmel burnt carmelized sugar in taste, has a clovey/allspice burnt kinda not great harsh finish. Didn't pick up much on the smoked malts but I think they fit in with that sticky sweetness that smoked malt can give a kind of sweetness. I think darkmalts overtook the pumpkin presence much and muted it. I think this would be better aged as it does suggest also. Probably worth doing so otherwise Im not picking another of these up this season without ageing it further.

lumpher said:
a homemade saison that's kickin my ass, but is seriously tasty

Made a Saison de Noel fron Northern Brewer last year about this time. Amazing beer, now I want one bad.

My second batch. Suppose to be a Stone Self righteous clone but ended up a semi stout with notes of cocoa and bourbon. It measured in at 10.5%!

staticmap

image-3636919941.jpg

Southern tier iniquity, followed by founders red ryepa, followed by ommegang dubbel. Its been a long crazy week, lol. All great brews.

Evan_Irish said:
My second batch. Suppose to be a Stone Self righteous clone but ended up a semi stout with notes of cocoa and bourbon. It measured in at 10.5%!

That sound awesome! How long did you age it in bottles? My 2nd was a RIS,.and still in bottles after 2 months, no carb yet, but eventually. Its needs more time to mellow.

Schneider Weisse Mien Nelson Sauvin, and the most recent bottling of Knee Deep Simtra. Upped the alcohol, and not nearly as "kat" smelling.

sweed said:
That sound awesome! How long did you age it in bottles? My 2nd was a RIS,.and still in bottles after 2 months, no carb yet, but eventually. Its needs more time to mellow.

It has been bottled for 15 days.

Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Urbock but I think I bought a bad bottle or it is just very very old- I bought some smoked cheese and wanted something that screamed "smoke". Nothing does this like a Achet Urbock, however, there is only fairly faint smoke aroma and flavor. Also, since the smoke has died down I am just getting a sickly sweetness- bummer.

My organic UK Ipa with Nelson and Rakau hops-aged but, in almost perfect condition. Desipte some overcarbonation think I might send it into the National organic homebrewing competion. 6 months and still held up intense aroma.Wonder if a week long mail journey will cloud them up and not settle back well.

exactly now i am drinking PBR. Finished my Two Hearted clone yesterday. Tomorrow is brew day. Chimay Reserve. I will let it sit for 6 months. Next week I have plans for Atonement brown porter and breakfast stout to be brewed in a far, far away place. No time to brew a batch in 4 or 5 weeks.

Ofallons pumpkin. More on the cinnamon side this time.Great appearance and nice pie aroma. Palate is good but finish is a bit dieity soda like with the spices and dry finish.Pretty sessionable and would go good for Holiday partying and something differnet than light beers.It would be kinda a shame to drink it straight out of the bottle though.Probably doable for session drinkers though this way. If you like Big Red gum this is your beer. I swear same exact aftertaste as when you are chewing that after a while,then you want to spit it out.

DisturbdChemist said:
It's a good night. Finally found this beer on the shelves. Did a little hunting but finally found it.

Am I the only person who thinks this beer is only average at best?

Hulud said:
Am I the only person who thinks this beer is only average at best?

Well for something you never see around where I am. I'm thrilled I got a few bottles to age and give/share with friends and family.

I'm a fan of big beers especially bourbon age ones. This one I enjoy and interested to see how it ages. I don't care if other people think its average at best.

Molson Ice. I ain't no snob.

They came in the local Rooper's "mix and match" six packs @ $4/ea, which I bought for the Founder's beers that came along with them :) Got all kinds of Founders beers for $.66/ea, and some Molson's to wash 'em down, can't beat it!

Well for something you never see around where I am. I'm thrilled I got a few bottles to age and give/share with friends and family.

I'm a fan of big beers especially bourbon age ones. This one I enjoy and interested to see how it ages. I don't care if other people think its average at best.

I think I pAID per oz more than anyother beer for a single bottle of this, I thought it was well done.Worth that much well considering its abv, I guess but probably not. I still thougth it pretty good as all the other minute beers they have. Yes its rediculous.

jonmohno said:
I think I pAID per oz more than anyother beer for a single bottle of this, I thought it was well done.Worth that much well considering its abv, I guess but probably not. I still thougth it pretty good as all the other minute beers they have. Yes its rediculous.

I had it on draft at a tap takeover, and it was syrupy, with little to no hop aroma. I was disappointed.

Back