Hello, Looking forward to learning.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WvBrewNoob

Reaction score
I have been talking about it too long. I am taking the plunge and brewing my own beer. My father has been talking too so I am gonna get him in on the action. It is always nice to have a scape goat when things go wrong.....I mean someone to help out.

I look forward to learning this craft. I am Scotsman/Irish of heritage. Right now my main drinking choices is guiness draft for beer. Over the last few years money has often made me settle for lesser quality. However, I have secured a very good paying job and will never drink low quality brew again. I love guiness but I look forward to popping a top on the first bottle of Maxwell Stout.

Well hello to all and I hope to learn this craft with you all and make some killer suds.

Right on, brother! Welcome to a world of limitless possibilities, frustrations and rewards! Good luck in all your endeavors. BREW ON!

Thanks for the welcome guys. I am heading over to dads right now to start getting him stoked about our first batch. Any recomendations on where we should start?

I am in Clarksburg, west virginia. It is in the central part of WV.

Welcome to the boards and the brewing :)

If you havn't already, check out the info at http://www.howtobrew.com/. Alot of good information to get you started.

From the sounds of things, I'd say a good stout would be an excellent starting point.

A good stout would rock. My primary commercial taste right now is Guiness draught out of a bottle. I pour this. Widget or not, IMO beer is drank from a pint,(did I mention I have Irish heritage?) Pop likes guiness also but he prefers the stout. I love both but for some reason stick with the draught.

I am really looking forward to this. Not only learning to brew but this will be something for me and the old man to do together. We dont see as much of each other as we should. I am 35 and he is pushing 60. I can not think of any better way to spend time with my pop than drinking a good stout that we make.

I am blown away by the wealth of knowledge I have found trolling these forums. There are some true artists here and I hope to learn from all of you.

Back