Where to buy Oxy Clean

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Foley

Reaction score
I cannot find Oxy Clean anywhere. Is there some place that normally carries it? Also I am seeing people refer to "PBW" Can someone tell me what that is? Thanks.

they sell it at Walmart, Target, Safeway, Albertson's, Fred Meyer's all in the laundry section, near where you would find Borax

John

i've gotten it at home depot and walmart

walmart has it with laundry detergent or other cleaners.

PBW stands for powdered brewery wash, and is similar to oxyclean, but better :)

I get mine at WalMart -- cheapest place I could find it.

One note: try to get OxyClean Free -- it doesn't have the scented detergent in the normal stuff.

FlyGuy said:
I get mine at WalMart -- cheapest place I could find it.

One note: try to get OxyClean Free -- it doesn't have the scented detergent in the normal stuff.

Yep, my local grocery sells this. Costco & Sam's sell the regular stuff and Costco has a sale on the big box of it right now.

thanks for the info guys. I tried albertsons and Smiths (the local Kroger) and no luck. I'll hit Waly tomorrow.

I have been getting the generic one at the dollar store. The OxyClean brand changed their concentration a few years ago. I had a huge tub that came with a small scoop, and lasted forever. Ran out, and bought a new one at WalMart. The scoop was three times bigger, and they said to use more for the same task! The generic / off brand (Awesome Oxy, IIRC) has the same size scoop as the original OC, and similar instructions. No perfumes either, which regular OC (not OC Free) has now. And is CHEAP!

javedian said:
I have been getting the generic one at the dollar store. The OxyClean brand changed their concentration a few years ago. I had a huge tub that came with a small scoop, and lasted forever. Ran out, and bought a new one at WalMart. The scoop was three times bigger, and they said to use more for the same task! The generic / off brand (Awesome Oxy, IIRC) has the same size scoop as the original OC, and similar instructions. No perfumes either, which regular OC (not OC Free) has now. And is CHEAP!

Great tip! Thanks! :mug: You are right about the scoop size doubling or tripleing. I used it on laundry for a long time. On the plus side the price has come way down but the reason is less concentration.

I have to disagree with Shockerengr that PBW is better than oxy-clean. PBW is certainly more expensive. But better I don't think so.

Borax is a good cheap washing agent.

Also Barkeeper's Friend is great especially for Stainless Steel and can be found in Wal-Mart and most grocery stores.

Also you might try Amazon.com for Oxy-Clean.

Shockerengr said:
PBW stands for powdered brewery wash, and is similar to oxyclean, but better :)

Learn something new every day. I always thought it was pro brewers wash.

As far as OxyClean, if you have a Sam's club card, they have a huge box of it for what most stores charge for a small tub.

I boycott WalMart and Sam's!

You can get a 14 lb box at Costco for around 15 bucks. Its a bit under I think. I don't recall. I've had to buy it once since January.

Back