Homer's lost batch of beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Went to grab a few 22 ozers last night to bottle a small batch and lo and behold, the box was not full of empty bottles!

There was about 10 bottles of a beer labeled 7/03 on the caps.

I let my daughter open a bottle so I could taste it. She gave a sniff and proclaimed, "This isn't going to be any good..."

How right she was.

Beer poured dark, with small head that disappeared almost as fast as I poured it. Flavors noted were: Toffee, prune/raisin, cider.

This beer was made well before I considered myself a decent brewer. At least we had fun dumping the beer and cleaning the bottles for tonight's bottling session...

Went to grab a few 22 ozers last night to bottle a small batch and lo and behold, the box was not full of empty bottles!

There was about 10 bottles of a beer labeled 7/03 on the caps.

I let my daughter open a bottle so I could taste it. She gave a sniff and proclaimed, "This isn't going to be any good..."

How right she was.

Beer poured dark, with small head that disappeared almost as fast as I poured it. Flavors noted were: Toffee, prune/raisin, cider.

This beer was made well before I considered myself a decent brewer. At least we had fun dumping the beer and cleaning the bottles for tonight's bottling session...

Use it for shampoo. Thats really why I brew. I save sooooo much money on shampoo.

by the sounds of it, it was barely a beer...dump that sucker

Hardly, see the following description:

Beer poured dark, with small head that disappeared almost as fast as I poured it. Flavors noted were: Toffee, prune/raisin...

Why, that sounds like a fine Belgian dubbel to me or perhaps an English style old ale. ;)

I got plenty of good beer to use for cooking etc. I needed those bottles more! But I didn't have a chance to bottle last night after all. 3 hours of snowblowing, then come in for dinner, a beer, and the hockey game.

should have bottled in grolsch style swingtops. i had about a dozen that still tasted like cough syrup after two years. Me and the kid had a blast shooting beer cannons into the shower. you get two good shots if you get the tops back on quickly.

Back